Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

Do others hear tower clearing takeoff and landing clearences at arrival

At arrival airport, I landed and saw other planes taxing into position and landing aircraft and airborne planes after takeoff, I was cleared on the left runway all this other activity happened on the right, I was cleared to land and then boom not other transmission while other activity happened why is there not 100% interaction with AI INTERACTION selected in the options RC 4 menu.Why is this so weird and complicated, my takeoff was fine planes took off and i heard them all. Im really getting annoyed that most of my flights have some sort of problem. Is there not 100% interactivity with ALL AI on the ground and air.EDIT At what point is my frequency changed when "tune on contact" is selected, is it really when i click 1 to contact, or after my landing clearence and tower tells me to turn off and contact ground and i click 7 to confirm before getting off the runway. At this point other planes departed and i heard nothing at all.

I am not familiar enough with the AI engine to know how AI tune when there are multiple frequencies for the same functions. For example KMSP (scenery from FRF studios) has four tower frequencies. Where parallel runways exist at busy airports they should be using separate frequencies.You will of course hear only AI on your current frequency.In addition, you are only contacting tower just a few miles from the runway and only one or two aircraft will be on that frequency the others on that runway holding short for clearance. Likewise departure, arrival, and ground might use multiple frequencies.A delay in acking a command can sometimes stall RC so don't leave one hanging around.The radio should tune on contact whether ack and contact or just contact. Ack by itself does not tune radios.Try a busy single active runway airport.On final when I am following as number 2, then occasionally I get switched to tower soon enough to hear number one get final landing clearance.While holding short after contacting tower I do hear aircraft getting landing clearance at some airports.Also for the sake of performance to avoid audio conflicts, I suggest using only Interact with AI and have prerecorded chatter turned off.

I'll try your idea of not having pre recorded chatter for the test.As for parallel, i was landing 6L and traffic was 6R i'm sure in real life there is no other tower freq. just one. So i'm not sure i understand this, why would RC use 2 different tower freq. if that were the reason then its NOT realistic, as i'm sure there is only one freq. I was tuned to tower on final, got clearence, heard noone else but me, while there was traffic holding short and another plane landing, i stayed on the twr freq for another 10 minutes and heard nothing while traffic was departing and landing, i landed taxied off the rwy and waited on tower freq, I ack. to switch to ground but didn't purposely to hear tower, traffic moving no chatter what so ever, i then eventually tuned ground and heard planes to taxi to ramp, hold short, pushback and start etc. all on one which is normal based on airport.But no transmission on twr.I also was realistically number 2 for landing but never heard num 2 for landing, but assuming the timing was off to hear this as i landed safely with noone in my way, where was the call to the guy in front of me, to taxi off the rwy and contact ground. I was on twr freq as i was cleared to land.Im confused, and I iknow how the atc system works, so im scratching my head on this one.

Sorry I want to mention I said this see below"As for parallel, i was landing 6L and traffic was 6R i'm sure in real life there is no other tower freq. just one. So i'm not sure i understand this, why would RC use 2 different tower freq. if that were the reason then its NOT realistic, as i'm sure there is only one freq." but what i really mean my specific airport i was landing at, I know for sure their is 1 twr frequency. I do know some airports do have multiple freq. So my mistake on not clarifing this statement.

Under controller info tab there is only one tower frequency which i was tuned too, which will be the only frequency issuing takeoff and landing clearence. Unless i'm totally confused here, this does not make any sense, i will be creating a log and sending it to jd, as im exhausted looking for the fix to this. Also i did a search and did find similiar problems to mine in the past however the poster never answered back so no solution came out of it.Again to clarify in simple terms, I don't hear any takeoff or landing clearences when im tuned to twr as of final all the way to taxing off the active runway, i see other planes though and they are taking off and landing. Taxing is fine on ground control. It also seems noone is landing behind me after i land and am clear of the rwy by a good distance. And YES i have user plane checkbox unchecked in AI smooth.

if you are taking off 8L, you will not hear landing clearances to ai on 8Rjd

Really ok, how come? I'm really curious as to why, i mean i love the program and it beats default fs9 atc. It took alot of time for me to purchase it having to let go progressive taxi, now your telling me i won't hear landing clearences on the parralel runway, even fs9 atc gave me this. Why is it not incorporated to such an amazing program?

when we had that in there, there was so much ai-tower chatter going on, that there wasn't enough time between all of the ai-tower chatter on the parallel runway, to get the ai cleared for takeoff on your runwayso it was a practical decision to only hear tower-ai chatter for the runway you were going to usejd

Ok I understand.As for landing aircraft on my runway i never hear cleared to land while i'm holding short I only hear the call 7 mile final and then tower responds with wind dir and spd but no clearence, is this normal?