FSFlyingSchool pilots have been flying instant approaches, set up in seconds at any airport in the world, for some time now. With the new Approach Builder Pack, an entire library of approach scenarios can be built and saved for re-use.
Here are the main features of the new Approach Builder Pack:
- Scenarios! An approach with FSFlyingSchool PRO 2015 has a lot of options. Wouldn't it be great to be able to set up interesting approaches, often with random aspects, and save them? Now you can!
- Each situation you create at the Flight Plan screen of FSFlyingSchool PRO 2015 can now be saved as a 'Scenario', and loaded whenever you want to fly the same sort of approaches again.
You can even indicate that a scenario you have created should be loaded automatically when you launch FSFlyingSchool PRO 2015.
You can now build a whole collection of exciting approach scenarios to use whenever you wish!
- A new feature lets you set up an approach which starts immediately before the Base Leg of an approach in the pattern to your chosen airport. Fly left or right traffic - the choice is yours!
- The Flight Plan screen includes a handy updated diagram showing which approach types are available to set up with FSFlyingSchool PRO 2015 at your selected runway.
- Repeat your approach automatically. When you have finished your approach and want to fly another... let FSFlyingSchool do this for you! No longer any need to exit Flight Simulator and return to FSFlyingSchool. A new option at the Flight Plan screen will let you land and once you've finished your flight... another approach will automatically begin!
This is especially powerful (and challenging) when used in combination with the 'Increasing Wind' and 'Decreasing Visibility' settings introduced in Approach Builder. You'll get a different challenge each time!
- Automatically worsening (increasing) wind! For those who like variety and challenges, the wind can now be set to automatically increase with each new approach flown. This will keep you on your toes and is a great way to fly a whole set of increasingly challenging approaches in minutes.
- Automatically worsening (decreasing) visibility! Low visibility is always a challenge - now you can set it to automatically decrease with each approach you fly. How good is your flying on instruments?
- Random approach altitude! Optionally set a random altitude for your approach. This will give you an extra challenge by starting you (a sensible amount) above or below where you would want to be on the glideslope or pattern altitude. Be ready!
- New option for 'Heavy aircraft runways only please!' Pilots flying heavy iron may not want to practice approaches at grass (etc) runways, no matter how long they are! A new option restricts random runways to those with surfaces suited to heavy aircraft.