Sign in to follow this  
thepitts

Default MD82 4K overhaul

Just highlighting an excellent piece of modding, only just discovered by myself,  by Ezo21 from Poland available to download from the Org.

This transforms the exterior and more importantly the cockpit. If your interests in heavy iron centre on inertia management and slow response jet engines the default MD 82 with the above package is a gem..and free ! With enough switchology to be interesting but not so much to bore or preclude half hour duration short hops in-between family duties. The auto's can hold an altitude and a heading, which is all I need, the rest is HOTAS. A great steam gauge alternative to that other great "default" freeware the glass cockpit 744 by Sparky.

Cheers Tim

• Like 3

Do you have a link?  I can't find it at the org

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Posted (edited)

I searched for Ezo21 the author and this showed. I'll be downloading it. Looks good.

Edited by Samaritano

Nicely done and picks up the MD80 very nicely. I just updated the Laminar version and did not bother creating a new model as suggested. The only downside is XP updates will want to put back all the old files. Otherwise is good!

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Nicely done and picks up the MD80 very nicely. I just updated the Laminar version and did not bother creating a new model as suggested. The only downside is XP updates will want to put back all the old files. Otherwise is good!

Liveries pick up every texture in the "objects" folder, so if you have the disk space, you can just create a 4k livery consisting of the reworked textures and leave the default ones alone.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

How is this in comparison to the Rotate MD-80?

I ask because I already have the payware version, so I don't absolutely need it. But could be kind of interesting.

The default one needs somebody with a lot of time on his/her hands to get close to Rotate's.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

True - I only use this one now as I cannot get Rotates MD 80 to play on my system (switching failures etc and to date no sane response from Rotate on fixing it or even to give me a fresh activation code)

Posted (edited)

Just to clarify - have the MD80 enhanced and the MD90 modded version both are excellent but perhaps not 100% cockpit switching and systems functionality. What does not work is mostly minor anyway. I have had the Rotate MD80 for two months now and have yet to get it's electrical systems to function in XP12.1 so while I would love to give you an honest comparison I can not. Why do I persevere? well I love the old DC-9 30 in FSX and P3D and this is as close as once will get for the time being. More than happy with the improved version and the modded MD-90 version as well. At least I can get them started and flying! 

Edited by coastaldriver