Sign in to follow this  
tagaloa

ATIS removal

Help PleaseHow do I get rid of the banner and voice of the ATIS that appears every time I fly?I have just recently upgraded to FSX

Guest firehawk44
Help PleaseHow do I get rid of the banner and voice of the ATIS that appears every time I fly?I have just recently upgraded to FSX
ATIS will appear when you manually tune your com radio to get ATIS info at an airport or you hit the Accent (`) key and select ATIS from the menu. To turn it off, click on the accent key and select another option other than ATIS. More info is available in the Learning Center under ATC Airport Operations.Best regards,Jim

Are you saying that no matter what aircraft you have selected, and no matter what airport you start from, that after you hit the Fly Now tab and the screen finishings loading that the ATIS banner (and voice) is running?Did you change the default flight - i.e. save a flight with a different aircraft (other than the Trike) and mark the "make this the default flight" box? If so, it is possible ATIS was running at that time and that action is being passed on to whatever aircraft you decide to fly.A few more details may be helpful in formulating advice to help correct this behavior.

Guest 413X3

isn't there a setting somewhere to disable text messages on the screen?

isn't there a setting somewhere to disable text messages on the screen?
Exactly which "text messages" are you referring to? If you mean the prompts telling that your brakes are on etc., they can be disabled on the Settings/Realism dialogue.See the attached screenshot. (Display Flying Tips - or not).

I have partly answered my own question to remove ATIS.Whilst using ADE9X Airport Design Editor, I found the top menu item 'List' / Comms brings up a info box for airports near to where the airport you have opened in ADE.This box includes ATIS entries and frequencies with other communication data. I deleted the 'offending' ATIS and the problem at least at this locality has gone.That may have been the most drastic option, but I can reinstate it if I want to.I will now follow up with the sugestions posted. Thanks all.The particular airport was Whenuapai military in Auckland NZ. On taking off from nearby Auckland International the offending ATIS piped up. Now it has gone.I am getting to grips with ADE and find it very useful. There is much more for me to learn but so far I have prepared three missing airports in China that I recently visited.Lijiang ZPLJ, Dali ZPDL, and Zhongdian Shangrila ZPDQ. I have used Google as the background images. They are workable but not yet 100% to my satisfaction.I will be looking for post on ADE with interest.Peter (tagaloa)