Sign in to follow this  
MdMax

Scam: FlightProSim and ProFlightSimulator

Question

Hello !As many people will be aware, there is a (self described) "new" flight simulator product that is being widely and actively marketed at the moment under various names - Flight Pro Sim, Pro Flight Simulator, etc. These "new" simulators are simply a rebranding of the FlightGear open-source flight simulator. However, the marketing tactics of the Flight Pro Sim guys have caused more than a bit of confusion with end users. To help provide some clarity and answer some common questions, we (the core FlightGear development team) felt it was appropriate to make a statement, and provide a FAQ.Read more about this here:http://www.flightgear.org/flightprosim.htmlnasaboeing737100.th.jpgBest regards and happy flying ! :(

5 answers to this question

What will be their next name ? wink.gifFlightGear is free software distributed under the GNU General Public License and you can find it here for free:http://www.flightgear.org/
Apparently it's Flight Simulator Plus. I saw an ad on Facebook for it, and when I googled it, they have obviously seeded tons of favorable "reviews" and trumped up their Google ranking by doing so. There was no mention of the name here on Avsim though, so it took me a while to figure out that it's just a scam.

I just found a new website from these guys. This whole thing is just disgusting... have a look at this quotation: "However Microsoft FSX came out in 2006 and is now a bit outdated. I was looking for a newer and better Flight Sim, where i would not have to pay for each addon and extra aircraft. My friend intoduced me to Pro Flight Simulator, which is a new Flight Sim based on an open source software. It offers so much more than Microsofts FSX. Read on to see the facts, why this is my best Flight simulation game for 2012." - remember that Flight Gear was released in 1996!The full text can be found here: http://www.squidoo.com/pc-flight-simulator-gamesSeriously, this is just awful. After you read the whole thing, you will find some "comments" below the page, of people saying "interesting! I'll give it a try". All those profiles are fake or also advertise the same scam.

I gather from all the previous threads on this, that it's best to steer clear, yes?

Phil Murfin

I didn't know this was still doing the rounds, yes, it's all open-source and can be downloaded for free.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020