Sign in to follow this  
Cativo

FSX Minimizes(Not Crash)

I started having some problem a few weeks back, FSX and other games minimize randomly. I can click the task bar icon and resume the flight, FSX doesn't crash. I run FSX with Admin rights, themes and desktop composition disabled. I have tried disabling Avast anti-virus and it still happens. Anyone has had this?Specs:Windows 7 Pro 64bitAsus P6TI7@3.0GHZ4GB RamNvidia GTS 250, updated to 280.19 beta.

Check you Windows (and others, such as AVG anti-virus) Update settings. When set to "Automatic" an Update will often take priority, and that will minimize the running full screen app.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have Windows Update disabled by default, anti-virus was disabled, Windows Defender also disabled. Still happened, the strange thing is that it happens randomly every 10-30 minutes. I made a flight that lasted 1:43 and FSX minimized 3 times...it's annoying more than anything, i'm sure there's a solution out there. Thanks anyway.

Download Process Explorer from Microsoft... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653... and run it, while using FSX in windowed mode. Process Monitor will also do it, but it takes much more work watching it. I would suggest getting used to Explorer first - then switch to Monitor afterward.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for the link, I *think* I found the culprit. Printer software that apparently checks the status every hour or so, plus I disabled other automatic updated I didn't know I had on. Hopefully this is it. Thanks again!

Good. Hope you've fixed it. That's exactly the type of symptom that an updating application presents.