Sign in to follow this  
CaptainTim

Contrails on AI

I'm having some issues with AI and contrails with V1.3 and P3D V2.5

The contrails of AI aircraft will only show when I'm in my aircraft at about 3 miles proximity and then disappear again. If I "go to" one of the AI aircraft then I can see the contrails as they would work and as I would expect them to work normally. When I go back to my own plane the contrails stop and only start again when within 3 miles or so.

If the plane is flying across my view in the flight deck and I choose to get up close then return to the flight deck then the contrail will only show for the period that I was focussed on the aircraft.

I hope that makes sense?

Cheers,

Tim

I'm having some issues with AI and contrails with V1.3 and P3D V2.5

The contrails of AI aircraft will only show when I'm in my aircraft at about 3 miles proximity and then disappear again. If I "go to" one of the AI aircraft then I can see the contrails as they would work and as I would expect them to work normally. When I go back to my own plane the contrails stop and only start again when within 3 miles or so.

If the plane is flying across my view in the flight deck and I choose to get up close then return to the flight deck then the contrail will only show for the period that I was focussed on the aircraft.

I hope that makes sense?

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Contrails in FSX and P3D will stop showing beyond a certain distance. This is a known behaviour, probably to save performance, that cannot be altered directly.

We are looking into ways of dealing with this issue for future versions of the product.

Thank you!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42