Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Want to Buy new MB, CPU,Video Card and SSD

Hi, I had posted in the x-plane forum about buying a complete new system along with a new case, and a selling my complete old system. Now I am thinking about just replacing the MB, CPU and Video Card and keeping the case, PS and CPU water cooler and then adding in an SSD and some new Memory.

My Questions concern my Power Supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021 and whether or not it has the right connectors for a new Asus Z170 chipset board. I current have an ASUS P8Z68-v Pro MB which uses my existing Corsair PS mentioned in link above. I have a Cooler Master Case. The other question concerns my Corsair water cooler for my CPU. There is no model number on it but it uses one fan and the circular type connector mounted on the CPU. My existing CPU is the 2600k and the Cooler looks like this one: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h55-quiet-cpu-cooler. 

I just need to figure out if I can reuse the PS and Water Cooler with the new MB with the i7 6700 CPU. I will be  replacing my gtx970  with the gtx1070, and I am assuming the PS (750w) will be sufficient.

Any help would be much appreciated including your recommendations for MB, Video Card manufacturer and Memory and any other recommendations and thoughts concerning my ideas.

Thanks Much!

Bob

PSU will be fine.

Your old motherboard was socket 1155. Your Z170 board is 1151. Good news for you is that I recall 1150, 1155, 1151 all use the same mounting holes so... should be fine.

PSU will be fine.

Your old motherboard was socket 1155. Your Z170 board is 1151. Good news for you is that I recall 1150, 1155, 1151 all use the same mounting holes so... should be fine.

Hey Martin, thank you! 

Appreciate the input.

Regards

Bob