What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Iron Maiden's new 747-400 for their next world tour
- Rise of flight sale on steam
- REX 5 days 50 people 50% off contest
- Thai Creations 50% off sale
- FlightsimTools.com 3 for 2 deal
- SimSkunkWorks planes 50% off until Aug. 16th
- Another FSX-SE Sale on Steam
- ImagineSim airports 20% off at their website
- 3 Imaginesim airports now freeware
- GoFlight GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant on Ebay(UK)
- For Sale:GOFLIGHT GF-TQ6 Throttle Quadrant
- MSI GTX 980 4GB OC Editon. $400
- (2) EVGA GTX970 SC For Sale. Never overclocked, ready to go
- Boeing Style handles / Levers set for Saitek throttle quadrant
- UK Only - Saitek Cessna Yoke and addtional Throttle Quadrant
- MEGASCENERYEARTH V2 Baltimore/Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia DVD
- Selling my Simulator to Realize my Dream.... Saitek FIPs, Yoke, Rudder Pedals, Radios, MultiPanel (AP), Switch Panel, Throttle Quad, etc.
- GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II OC
- TrackIR 5 with Black TrackClip
. . .
Has anyone tried FSX with Alienware M11x?
4 replies to this topic
Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:58 PM
Judging by the performance specs, I would say very VERY poor... Even machines like mine and similar struggle with FSX when loaded with addons. Vanilla FSX runs well. But who wants a vanilla FSX?
I tried searching but didn't find anything and just wondering if anyone has run FSX with the Alienware M11x and were the results good? Any tips to optimize performance? Many thanksGerry
Posted 03 April 2010 - 04:00 AM
Thank you for your replies, I didn't have my hopes up but was hoping someone had practical experience. You can overclock the dual core processor easily to 1.7Ghz and it also has 4gb RAM and the 1gb graphics card supports DX10 so I suppose I was hoping for better than Very Poor!! I just wanted something portable that would be pretty good for when I am away with work.