Sign in to follow this  
Guest CharlieP51

Carenado Baron 58 FSX - REFUND on the WAY!

Guest CharlieP51

After 2 'customer support' emails to Carenado and 2 speedy replies that did not FIX my Baron 58 I asked for a refund (as there is no free trial of this plane) Carenado emailed me Friday that a full refund had already been issued. I know.... 3 - 5 days wait..for me. This morning my bank says there has been no notification from Carenado now after 36 hours of any credit process being started or in the pipe line. I hope to get my $$ back. I'd rather have a fully-tested and fully-working Baron -and- decent support that could fix my plane. It is IMPOSSIBLE this Baron is NOT BROKEN..IMHO...Carenado's 2nd supporft email was a re-hash of how actual pilots have "signed-off" and therefore the plane has NO ISSUES. SO....since there is nothing wrong with Carenado's Baron (except it won't fly properly) I expect we are all SOL. Hope Carenado didn't screw us all on this Baron fiasco. :( Bet Carenado gets flooded with Baron 58 refund requests.

Not being a Carenado extremist at all, let me ask this: are you sure you feel ok? :(

Guest CharlieP51

I'll feel better when Carenado credits my CC like they said they did.......one of my fav birds to fly is the Carenado C340 II HD..how these guys can ship a great flying bird like that and then say there is nothing wrong with the Baron..well it's all 100% Cow Manure....they know the Baron is broken..lets see what they actually do now!

Not being a Carenado extremist at all, let me ask this: are you sure you feel ok?:(

Not being a Carenado extremist at all, let me ask this: are you sure you feel ok? :(
I feel excellent. How do YOU feel?

I'll feel better when Carenado credits my CC like they said they did.......one of my fav birds to fly is the Carenado C340 II HD..how these guys can ship a great flying bird like that and then say there is nothing wrong with the Baron..well it's all 100% Cow Manure....they know the Baron is broken..lets see what they actually do now!
After $32.95 and 2 service packs. I nominate the Carenado Barron for the Avsim 5 Cow xxxxx award! Below is my latest request from Carenado, No response yet. Dear Carenado, I’ve purchased the Barron, and have installed both service packs. I report the below squawks, please fix,asap. 1) Mixture / EGT modeling on both engines are wrong. The general principle for the mixture controls is to DECREASE the fuel to air mixture ratio. Upon leaning the both mixtures the full range of motion, there is an INCREASE in fuel flow for both engines where there should be an overall decrease and not an increase of fuel flow. Also, on engine #1 (left) the final bottom 5% allows for some leaning but ultimately results in engine fuel cut-off because the extremely narrow range of mixture function. Engine #2 (right) is slightly better than engine #1. However, both mixtures should lean overall there full range of motion forward to aft resulting and overall decrease in fuel flow to both engines and increase in EGT up to the point of max lean “Peak EGT”. The Engine #1 (left) engine mixture problem makes the aircraft nearly unflyable and the engine fuel is cut-off upon leaning. 2) Neither engine allows for feathering! Neither prop (pitch) lever will move into the feathered position. Thus, not allowing for single engine operations. 3) Stall characteristics are poor and nearly non-functional. The aircraft PLUMETS at greater than 60 degree nose dive before stall recovery initiates. Upon release of back pressure the aircraft should immediately begin stall recovery. The aircraft should be in a greater than 60 degree nose dive before the stall recovery begins. Best,

After $32.95 and 2 service packs.I nominate the Carenado Barron for the Avsim 5 Cow xxxxx award!Below is my latest request from Carenado, No response yet.Dear Carenado,I’ve purchased the Barron, and have installed both service packs. I report the below squawks, please fix,asap.1) Mixture / EGT modeling on both engines are wrong. The general principle for the mixture controls is to DECREASE the fuel to air mixture ratio. Upon leaning the both mixtures the full range of motion, there is an INCREASE in fuel flow for both engines where there should be an overall decrease and not an increase of fuel flow. Also, on engine #1 (left) the final bottom 5% allows for some leaning but ultimately results in engine fuel cut-off because the extremely narrow range of mixture function. Engine #2 (right) is slightly better than engine #1. However, both mixtures should lean overall there full range of motion forward to aft resulting and overall decrease in fuel flow to both engines and increase in EGT up to the point of max lean “Peak EGT”.The Engine #1 (left) engine mixture problem makes the aircraft nearly unflyable and the engine fuel is cut-off upon leaning.2) Neither engine allows for feathering! Neither prop (pitch) lever will move into the feathered position. Thus, not allowing for single engine operations.3) Stall characteristics are poor and nearly non-functional. The aircraft PLUMETS at greater than 60 degree nose dive before stall recovery initiates. Upon release of back pressure the aircraft should immediately begin stall recovery. The aircraft should be in a greater than 60 degree nose dive before the stall recovery begins.Best,I posted in the 114 thread an answer to you-not sure why you posted there too.That should take care of #1 and #2.As for #3-bernt stolle has created a fix for it. Perhaps you should ask him if he would be willing to share it with you. <edit> I see you have posted 3 seperate threads on this and instead of asking for help from forum users and answers to your issues seem more interested in an agenda..I foolishly offered help in the first one.

Guest bstolle
As for #3-bernt stolle has created a fix for it. Perhaps you should ask him if he would be willing to share it with you. I see you have posted 3 seperate threads on this and instead of asking for help from forum users and answers to your issues seem more interested in an agenda..I foolishly offered help in the first one.
Same here, and I surely don't share the updated FDEs with trolls ;)

Guest CharlieP51
Same here, and I surely don't share the updated FDEs with trolls ;)
Why doesn't hepost the #3 fix for us all to download insted of gloating and ridiculing others. That seems like a good thing to do since evidently Carenado is not fixing anything on this Baron. Thank you for sharing...

Why doesn't hepost the #3 fix for us all to download insted of gloating and ridiculing others. That seems like a good thing to do since evidently Carenado is not fixing anything on this Baron. Thank you for sharing...
Because of your poor attitude which I have just about had it with...

Guest CharlieP51
Because of your poor attitude which I have just about had it with...[/quotI see. So it's personal now. . Too bad you did that old man. This is gonna be fun.....

I see. So it's personal now. . Too bad you did that old man. This is gonna be fun.....
Do you have a deathwish?

Do you have a deathwish?
Yes he did, and I have now fulfilled it. I am locking this thread.