Sign in to follow this  
KristianN

Win7 with or without SP1? For FSX

And I bet the microsoft team is wondering why apple in killing them in numbers. I have win64 ultimate and dont seem to have to many issues that I know of but being windows I suspect that is not true though.

Menus open the wrong way: wrongwayq.jpg Best regards,Robin.
LOL, it's true. Thanks

In my opinion, don't bother about updates, microsoft has this peculiar habit of updating its OS for security flaws when the first thing you notice you fire up your computer is that its trying to communicate to it's datacenter, sending something encrypted and if you block that, windows then blocks "your" internet access. I don't trust ms in a lot of things so my thought, get a good antivirus and firewall that will co exist well with your games like FSX, COD, AA etc. I use eset smart security, and save your update bandwidth and money ... Win7 Clean install without any additional software installed on my precious SSD 80 gig is whooping 15 GB, that is after I disabled hibernation and paging and removed respective .sys files. As soon as there is a good simulation available on another platform, I'm moving out. BTW will PMDG come up with NGX Xplane port ?

SP1 is to be installaed, that's the reason I do not use FS2 Crw voice actually, I think it is great, but the problem is that Vistalizator renders updating windows completely impossible as it is not recognized by windows update anymore and so you can't keep your computer up to date, so for me it really is the major drawback as well FS2 Crew works well, but it just is not good with the solution for those who don't have Windows 7/Vista Ultimate.

Aurelien, I always run Vistalizattor right after installing Windows even before activation, and I don't havy any problems with updates, everything works like a charm. BTW I'll never buy localized Windows again, not only because I prefer Eng ver. over my native but it also has more features ;) Regards,

Aurelien, I always run Vistalizattor right after installing Windows even before activation, and I don't havy any problems with updates, everything works like a charm. BTW I'll never buy localized Windows again, not only because I prefer Eng ver. over my native but it also has more features ;) Regards,
Taht's good to know, well I should just keep that in mind the next time I install Windows, though it is not as much required as before so it won't be really soon :(

Strange, works normally in my Windows:
Me too mate, maybe we are the odd ones out. Clown.gif