Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Want to put Flight on another drive..how do I save?

I accidentally put Flight on the same drive as I have FSX when I downloaded it the first day. I've since bought the expansion pak and the Maule. As I am writing this, I'm re-downloading FLIGHT and saving it to the drive I want it to reside on (My E drive - not my C drive). How do I migrate my purchases to this new drive after my download is complete.Thanks in advance for your help.Stan

Edited by spilok

I accidentally put Flight on the same drive as I have FSX when I downloaded it the first day. I've since bought the expansion pak and the Maule. As I am writing this, I'm re-downloading FLIGHT and saving it to the drive I want it to reside on (My E drive - not my C drive). How do I migrate my purchases to this new drive after my download is complete.Thanks in advance for your help.Stan
It's automatic. Your DLC is tied to your account, not your PC.

Great. Thanks. Download is 50% now. I guess any achievements I earned may not be saved. And that would be OK; didn't make that many.Stan

If you want extra future DLC and other GFWL marketplace stuff in another drive, the best I have found is to change the paths inyour GFWL Marketplace Client.I did it a while ago and basically kept the same structure, just replaced the default "C:" drive to "D:gfw"Once you sign in, go to the Settings Page and you can change the paths there.(make a snipping tool capture shot or save the original paths in case you run into trouble later) Edited by Kabronicus

Ramon,Good point. Thanks. Stan

I've unsuccessfully tried 6 times to get FLIGHT on my E drive. I download it and all seems successful, but it doesn't appear on my E drive. It is now on my C drive, and I want to eventually delete it from there and use my E drive for this sim that will keep expanding. FSX is on my C Raptor drive, and that's where I want it.Tell me, do I have to "uninstall" Flight from my C drive FIRST, so that I can successfully download it to my E drive? I browse to my E drive when I start the download, and it acknowledges that it's downloading there. However, after a successful download, FLIGHT is nowhere to be found on my E drive.Any advice, Gurus?Stan

Stan:I believe you should uninstall first (it should take care of the registry InstallPath key)then change all the GFWL Marketplace Paths to point to your E: drive.and reinstall.I did it after the beta and now all my GFWL games are on "D:gfw"Here are my paths:

Download ManagementGames for Windows Marketplace downloaded content will be stored here,
Downloads Directory:D:gfwMicrosoftGFWLiveDownloads
Install ManagementGames for Windows Marketplace installed content will be stored here.
Demos Directory:D:gfwGames for Windows - LIVE Demos
Games Directory:D:gfwProgram Files
Videos Directory:D:gfwVideosGames for Windows - LIVE Videos
Game Add-ons Directory:D:gfwMicrosoftXLiveDLC
Note: You should see a "You are about to change the directory...... message when you change some of them. Read and if you agree click on continue. Edited by Kabronicus

Thanks. I did an uninstall and was successful in getting FLIGHT on my E drive. It's really cool that everything I had set up is still there. My joystick setting tweak is there, and the latest tweak for the "initial zoom" is still there. It's great not to have to re-install anything that I've added.Stan

That is wierd Stan.I had no trouble installing Flight to another drive, in this case my E: drive.I am trying to remember, when I downloaded and started the install, I am pretty sure it brought up a screen for installation, showing the default location of being the C: drive, the programs folder there. I just clicked on the browse button to the right of this, and changed the path in the title bar to E:/ Microsoft Games/From then on, installation went just fine on my E drive.I don't think it really matters where you download the file to, as long as you change the patch for the installation when that screen pops up prompting you to confirm where Flight will be installed?

I don't think it really matters where you download the file to, as long as you change the patch for the installation when that screen pops up prompting you to confirm where Flight will be installed?
Hi Don: I agree with you, but there are 2 installers. One the Direct installer that ends with "_dir.exe" and the installer from inside GFWL marketplace that runs from inside GFWLOnly the direct download installer gives you the path option. Edited by Kabronicus

Hmm somehow I do not remember two installers, but I am pretty sure that first one you mention is the one I used as it gave me a path option.

Hmm somehow I do not remember two installers, but I am pretty sure that first one you mention is the one I used as it gave me a path option.
You probably got yours from here http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/, the other one, you won't see as it is the one that launches from GFWL Marketplace Client when you "buy" the game.