Sign in to follow this  
Gavin Dresser

Landing Lights - FSX what does REX change to stop them working?

Guys just searched around and found that the MD-11 doesn't like working with programs that muck about with the landing lights too much, namely in my case REX. I have uninstalled REX and put everything back to the original before I had it installed, can anyone tell me the file that gets altered that stops the landing lights showing on the ground, or even better send me a copy of said file because despite trying to rectify the problem I still have a big unlighted expanse of nothing ahead of me when using the MD11 at night!

Thanks guys, loving the MD11 and this is all I want now to really enjoy my Fedex runs!

Gavin Dresser

Just reinstall MD11, or repair to get lights back, and then apply again REX textures but uncheck "Aircraft Strobe" and "Landing Lights"

Gavin,

You don't have to uninstall REX, simply UN-CHECK the option from the OPTIONS MANAGER in REX labelled "Landing Lights".

That way, each time REX installs textures, this file will NOT be touched.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

p.s. you can recover landing lights without re-installing MD11 if you have made a backup before you applied REX textures first time. There is a option to make a backup in REX menu. You can go there and put all default textures back(this will bring MD11 lights back too)and then uncheck "Aircraft Strobe" and "Landing Lights" and put REX textures back

Sorry to have to resurrect this thread guys but I have had this problem. I unchecked the lighting boxes in REX Essential Plus Overdrive and I reinstalled the MD11 but I still have no landing light in front of me!

The runway turn off lights work ok but not the main landing lights.

Will I have to reinstall REX?

Sorry to have to resurrect this thread guys but I have had this problem. I unchecked the lighting boxes in REX Essential Plus Overdrive and I reinstalled the MD11 but I still have no landing light in front of me!

See this thread - http://www.avsim.com/topic/386094-landing-and-turnoff-lights/?hl=%2Blanding+%2Blights#entry2478507 starting with post #10. Maybe there is some help for you in it.

Thanks pcubine!

I have got it to work. The secret is to use the Texture Backup option in REX to revert to your original textures then switch off the aircraft lighting options in REX and the MD11 landing lights reappear!

Oh the joys of FSX and differing developers!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply it is greatly appreciated.