Guest jwhak1

I have now been a proud participant of VATSIM for about 3 weeks now I love it!!!One question I have is this... Actually a couple..When flying on VATSIM what should I have my active sky options set on..I have just let them be the way they are and they seem to be doing fine... I shut off the squawkbox weather..But one thing I have noticed in ActiveSky is it has a checkbox for online with VATSIM.. May be a dumb question but like I said seems fine already without checking that box, or could I be losing something I am not aware of..1. Should I check the VATSIM online options when on VATSIM for ActiveSky?2. For some veteran pro's out there or a creator of ActiveSky... I have been flying in some pretty harsh storms with RealAirs Marchetti and I love the cockpit effect of bouncing around slick stuff.. One question I have is are their settings in ActiveSky that would make my thunderstorms more harsh but not to the point I lose the realism..I don't know I would like to set them to wear I fly in some storms If I don't watch it I could end up sideways or dang near upside down.. Oh by the way FSUIPC is registered..Just hanging out... Sharing thoughts and requesting knowledge Thanks Again All,

Its simple..1. the vatsim weather is what the controllers see, so if you use another program, your expirience may differ from theirs.. i suggest use vatsim.2. more wind feeling?Change your FS9.cfg to read this:MinGustTime=10MaxGustTime=200MinGustRampSpeed=2MaxGustRampSpeed=20MinVarTime=10MaxVarTime=200MinVarRampSpeed=2MaxVarRampSpeed=20TurbulenceScale=2.000000for GA you might set the last value to 1.0Johan[A HREF=http://jdserver.no-ip.com]Personal Server[/A]or..http://62.238.33.10A LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE!

Hi Josh,1. When flying with VATSIM please check on the VATSIM Online Weather option. Doing that will give you the same weather as the controller at your departure and destination airports. During your flight you will get the AS server weather.2. To fix the wind shift problem in FS04 there had to be some trade-offs and high levels of turbulence was it. However, with our new product ASV we have added updrafts and downdrafts.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Guest jwhak1

Rgr... Hey Thanks gents for all your help and input to make the sim snap crackle and pop... Great will have to check out the Newest version of ActiveSky... Thanks,

>Hi Josh,>>1. When flying with VATSIM please check on the VATSIM Online>Weather option. Doing that will give you the same weather as>the controller at your departure and destination airports.>During your flight you will get the AS server weather.>Do you also have to fill in the departure and arrival airports (or import the entire flight plan) to make this work?-~~~~~~~~~Orest Skrypuchwww.united-virtual.comUAL1445 Staff ORDFO

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Guest jwhak1

Ok on ActiveSky I select in options to use VATSIM weather..Ok another question I have is I use squawkbox to connect etc..I that under options should I enable the weather through squawkbox?Or just tell ActiveSky to use VATSIM and call it good? Thanks

How do I tell ASE to use VATSIM weather?  Thanks.

spacer.png

How do I tell ASE to use VATSIM weather? Thanks.

Hi,

You can go to the option tab and select Vatsim weather.