Sign in to follow this  
ja99

ST Helena Airport

Hi,

Any chance of a FS2004 version ?

There is a promise of a FS2004 version soon but without some of the "bells and whistles". I, for one,am looking forward to it. There is nothing on St.Helena, in FS9 at present, RegT.

There is a promise of a FS2004 version soon but without some of the "bells and whistles". I, for one,am looking forward to it. There is nothing on St.Helena, in FS9 at present, RegT.

There are bells and whistles on that island?

P.S.

Sorry, I won Indiana tonight and am giddy ......

Wonder where 'ol Ted will be working next?

There are bells and whistles on that island?

P.S.

Sorry, I won Indiana tonight and am giddy ......

Wonder where 'ol Ted will be working next?

Ha Ha !! Just quoting the post by "csharpe" in the FSX forum. q.v.!!

Jolly Good Show!

P.S.

I'm actually removing it as the "island" does not look anything like the example picture ..... even with the recommended optional mesh.  It plunges off high/steep cliffs to far, far below.  I actually have "wave" action at the end of one end of the runway.

Sorry ..... no can keep.

P.S.

I'm actually removing it as the "island" does not look anything like the example picture ..... even with the recommended optional mesh. It plunges off high/steep cliffs to far, far below. I actually have "wave" action at the end of one end of the runway.

Sorry ..... no can keep.

Sorry to hear that. It could be a conflict with your existing scenery. My installation is quite good, although somewhat basic as I only have default in that area.. No problems with "wave action at the end of the runway". I'll keep it, at

least for now.It's quite an intriguing place. RegT

I'm actually removing it as the "island" does not look :mad: like the example picture ..... even with the recommended optional mesh. It plunges off high/steep cliffs to far, far below. I actually have "wave" action at the end of one end of the runway.

Sorry ..... no can keep.

Same problem ! :mad:

Guest JustanotherPilot

I visited the island back in 2002 on the QEII cruise-liner. Historically, Napoleon Bonaparte's last port of call.  It must have been a logistical nightmare getting materials there for construction, given the geography and demographics.

I've just downloaded this scenery, opened the readme.html file and followed all the instructions, and it works beautifully. The attention to detail in the airport itself, the variety of landclass across the island, the windfarm and dozens of small buildings hidden among the trees and even yachts at anchor off the coast are all superbly done. This is surely one of those must-have add-ons for FS9, congratulations to Carlyle! :smile:

Navtech, do you have any other South Atlantic scenery in your Scenery/World/Scenery or Addon Scenery folder? There's one for Ascension and St Helena out there called SouthAtlantic.bgl. Without any other scenery conflicting, this is what you should see:

FHSH1_zpswx0wx42a.jpg

FHSH2_zpswcrpfnz5.jpg

Navtech, do you have any other South Atlantic scenery in your Scenery/World/Scenery or Addon Scenery folder? There's one for Ascension and St Helena out there called SouthAtlantic.bgl

I read in the readme .....   :wink:

BEFORE INSTALLATION

1) Go to "Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Ocen\scenery" and turn off:

HP946370.bgl

HL946370.bgl

RD946370.bgl

ST946370.bgl

by adding the ".OFF" extension after those 4 files.

2) Acquire the South Atlantic mesh, and place this scenery in your "Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\World\Scenery" folder.  This will allow the airport to display more realistically. 

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=FS9_Sceneryℑ=southatlantic1.zip&img=0&search=atlantic&cat=all&tt=zip&bool=phrase

So ... I followed the readme at the letter .. and the result is depicted in the screens captures :P

Edited by navtech

So ... I followed the readme at the letter .. and the result is depicted in the screens captures

There must be a scenery conflict in that case - I have no other scenery for this area except FS Global 2010 mesh and as you see, no problem. Do you have any South Africa or South America scenery which may be conflicting with this scenery?

navtech, Please don;t take this badly, as I am only trying to be helpful., but when you added the .OFF to the four files

you did add " dot ADD" didn't you? Just a thought ! RegT