Sign in to follow this  
scand

Minimum Fuel 160,000+ lbs

Within the past couole of days and after usiing the flight loader Program correctly lets say I want to load 50,000 lbs of uel for a short flightand set the lider to 50.0 and the TOCG and ZFWCG is set correctly and SAVE. Naturally, only the CARGO WT is saved not the fuel.

Upon starting FS9 and loading the flight , I notice I will be above the MAX LNDG WT with 160,000 + lbs min fuel showing.. Now the best I can do is defuel to 67,000 lbs which can take up to an hour.  Is there any other way to fis the problem? It has just started!

Thanks!

Alex S.

Using the load manager the fuel you set should be saved when you load the aircraft.

However, if you then select a saved panel state or saved flight, this may override the amount of fuel you loaded the aircraft with....ie using the amount that was originally saved with the panel state/flight.

The quick way to apply the amount of fuel you want to the aircraft is to use the PMDG menu from within the sim. But do this after loading a panel state.

Peter Schluter

True but as stated within the the load manager the fuel selected is not saved.

The fuel slider is good only for setting up the approx fuel that will be used  for the two CG settings and only the  cargo load is saved.

Alex S.

I always start the MD-11 in the sim first.  Once it is running I take the fuel and payload from PFPX and load that data into the PMDG MD-11 Load Manager.  That data is then loaded to the MD-11 in the sim via the Load Manager.  I've never had a problem with the PMDG load manager getting the correct data I want into the sim.

Enjoy the PMDG MD-11, it's a lot closer than folks think.  :wink:

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I found the problem.

In the flight sim under PMDG the original settings, somehow had been reset to the original or default.  I set them again the way I originally set them and all is well again.

One thing one has to remember in the MD11F loader is when you save the settings on the cargo along with the CGs the fuel used to get the correct settings as stated  is that the fuel quality is NOT saved. The actual fuel that you need is loaded via the fuel loading process within the FMS.

Thanks All

Alex S.

P.S I love to fly the aircraft.

I found the problem.

In the flight sim under PMDG the original settings, somehow had been reset to the original or default.  I set them again the way I originally set them and all is well again.

One thing one has to remember in the MD11F loader is when you save the settings on the cargo along with the CGs the fuel used to get the correct settings as stated  is that the fuel quality is NOT saved. The actual fuel that you need is loaded via the fuel loading process within the FMS.

Thanks All

Alex S.

P.S I love to fly the aircraft.

The MD-11 is still my favorite aircraft too. I have not had issues using the load manager sitting on the ramp I select my fuel and payload and "send to fsx" and it turns out fine. Maybe you need to run the load manager as administrator?  -David Lee