Sign in to follow this  
Norwegian

P3D v2.5 Addon Scenery

Hey,

I am trying to install some addon scenery, more specifically Airports of Norway. So i made a folder called "Addon Scenery" where I added all the files, but the scenery doesn't show in p3d. Anyone know what i need to do to fix this?

You need to add the Addon Scenery folder to the Scenery library to enable it.

Start P3D - go to world/scenery Library - click add area - browse to your addon scenery folder and add it. Then move it up or down to where it fits in your scenery setup. Since it's specific airports, you'd want the entry above the defaults.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest JustanotherPilot

I created an Addon Scenery folder and placed all of my v2.5 scenery into the v3 addon folder. In Prepar3D v3 go to your options -> scenery -> add. It's exactly the same as you had to do for FSX and Prepar3Dv2.5, you have to activate the scenery. Or you could download the scenery configurator v1.1.4 (freeware) and use it to activate your scenery. When setting up scenery config, I used the Prepar3D button to setup the path to my Prepar3D v3 folder. If you using Prepar3D v2.5 only then scenery configurator automatically finds the correct path. Just google it, there are plenty of tutorials and videos available to show you how.

steve

The right thing to do , with this type of scenery is :

Create a folder somewhere you like and call it AoN, unzip your AoN  zip and put in the folder the effects file (has to be unzipped inside)

the scenery folder and the textures folder   ...  say you have D:\AoN\textures, scenery  , effects .then in a command prompt change to the Prepar3d v3 folder and run this command

Prepar3d.exe "-Configure: File=Effects, Operation=add, Path=D:\AoN\effects" "-Configure: File=Scenery, Operation=add, Title=AoN, Path=D:\AoN"

This will place the correct entries in the correct place in the scenery.cfg and the effects.cfg .

Your AC will be OK, and comply with the LM Add-on guidelines.

Simple, that's all a developer should do to make their Add-ons comply...not too hard eh??

Jorge

ps there are effects in this Airports that would not show by using the Addon Scenery folder ...

ps there are effects in this Airports that would not show by using the Addon Scenery folder ...

I think it should be made clear that there is nothing wrong with using ad Addon Scenery folder for scenery. Just if there are effects and sounds, they need to be dealt with as you describe and added individually to their respective cfg files. There's still a lot of misunderstanding of the process.

I also think that, depending upon the skill level of the poster, using the Scenery Library to add a new scenery might be easier to understand.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

There is really no need to run the command line. I just go in and edit the cofig file in program data folder.

I've added mutiple folder outside the main directory and it's as easy as editing you p3d config file.

The command line is probably for developers creating installers to install outside the directory.

Sean Green

Yes agree with both, but where would be the fun if you edit the file by hand!!!!, interesting that using the command line the Simobjects are put at the top and the numbers pushed down , the scenery is placed at the bottom, as when it is read it is inverted and goes to the top...I did so far 3 AC T45 Dino Cattaneo, Mjc8q400 majestic  and Duke turbine 2 but cannot get the panel to update with the updater as the exe is hard coded.Tried the A2A's but they are all hard coded to the core sim folder.

Jorge