Sign in to follow this  
wagoozen

FSX blurry night textures

Hi All,

I have an issue with night (during the day the textures looks great) textures where they appear like 8 bit colors, mountains are appear green.

Starting FSX with an clean FSX.cfg file didn't solve this issue:

I am using the following addons:

REX 4 Textures Direct

FTX Global 

FTX Vectors

Hardware specs:

I5-3570K (4.4Ghz)

GTX770

Inspector settings is set to: 

- Gamma Correction is set to Off

- Annisotrpic filtering mode: User-defined / off, 16x, Clamp and High quality (FSX is set to trilinair)

Please let me share you two screenshots to show the issue (sorry don't know how to embed them):

Blurry ground:

http://scr.hu/1cxn/w03tt

Lights looks awe-full:

http://scr.hu/1cxn/hjzgf

Looking forward to any suggestions.

Andres

Just to do a comparison, runway 30 at what airport?

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Are you set to 32 bit colors in your display in Windows and in FSX, rather than 16 bit colors?

Also, it's FTX Vector not Vectors. Vectors are something that air traffic control gives you.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I just tried OITT and had the setting both for 1 minute after darkness fell and also a little before midnight. 

Sitting on runway 30R the texture for the ground, buildings, etc looked very blurry.  This is default FSX

with no payware programs.  I would call the night textures fairly muddy looking.

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Aight thanks for checking, cannot remember i had this in the past but it might be with payware scenery.

And yes it is set to 32 bit color not 16 ;) and sorry for the typo regarding Vector

I think it simply looks like the stock FSX night textures, which have never looked particularly good and always seemed a bit "muddy" to me.  The night lighting on FSX buildings is blurry, but that's just the way the stock buildings were made.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I have to agree with charliearon and stans. From what I can see of your screenshots (which is, admittedly, not a lot), it looks pretty much like my non-payware airports. The default night textures were never great in FSX.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit