Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

Steam (Aerosoft) F-16 question

I am tempted to buy the Steam edition of Aerosoft's F-16 Falcon while it is on sale. But I read somewhere a post (it was more of a rant to put it frankly) that the SE edition only comes with one paint scheme and one version, whereas the advertising mentions numerous paints and several different versions of the aircraft. Can anyone tell me if the advertising is correct or is the complaint about false advertising correct??? Remember - it's the Steam download I'm referring to, not the normal version directly from Aerosoft
Cheers

Ian

In the absence of any responses, I decided to not buy it. The balance of opinion on the Aerosoft forum is that in spite of promises to fix the issue, most people seemed dissatisfied. I'd still be interested in any feedback if anyone can respond as I'm sure it will go on sale again at Christmas. Remember - the issue is the STEAM version of the F16......

Cheers

Ian

Ian, there was a thread here not long ago in this forum or the Hangar Chat forum on the same issue that had some details. I can't remember if there was a solution but will try to find the link.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I did read the thread a few weeks ago and just re-read it (thanks Elaine) -- but to be honest, the issue wasn't really clarified by additional posts since I first read it. It was a pretty heated discussion but to boil it down to basics, apparently the DLC (Steam) version not only has fewer models and loadouts than the original version (no big deal) it apparently lacks ANY real world texture sets. (To me, that IS a big deal!) If, after reading the thread you look very, very closely at the screen shots and read equally carefully what is NOT mentioned in the product description for the Steam Edition, the picture does emerge - though rather unclearly... It appears Aerosoft have tried to address the issue by offering a texture set, but it doesn't seem to have worked for everyone...

It's all a bit moot anyway - I've spent so much money on so many products over the past few days (sales, sales and more sales!) that I'm okay to pass on the F16... A bit sad though - as an AVSIM reviewer I did the review of the original (FS2002?) Aerosoft F16 and gave it the old "Five Stars" rating... I was curious to see the latest iteration of the product....

Cheers and thanks for trying to help folks

Ian

ps. The original complainant apparently got a ruling in his favor by PayPal that the advertising was misleading and got a full refund, even though Dovetail had refused to do so.. If true - interesting... I have to admit that to my non-lawyer mind, I think it really does verge on shady marketing....