Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

New scenery for Bali

On Simmarket there is new scenery for Ngurah Rai International airport (Bali) made by BDOAviation. It looks really nice nice! Has anyone bought it yet?

All my AI planes go to the old Bali airport code WRRR, but the in the description for this new scenery they have the new airport code WADD. That may be a problem for me. Is it easy to change the airport code so al my AI continue to use the old WRRR code?

You can use TTools to decompile your traffic files. Then change every instance of WRRR to WADD. You can do this is one simple step with notepad.

What do you use for ai traffic ?

Peter Schluter

...that would be the rigorous and correct way, certainly.

But I'm pretty sure as a kwik 'n dirty fix, you can go into "airport properties" for the WADD .bgl file and change it to WRRR, using ADE or AFX.

Of course make a backup first, and rename the existing WRRR bgl so you don't have 2 pieces of real estate referring to the same airport.

The scenery is very nice and improves on their previous freeware offering. I did have to use TTools to change all my traffic file references from WRRR to WADD, but that was not too painful. Good sceneries for FS9 are few and far between nowadays, so I like to support these developers.

Graeme Butler

Thanks guys. I went ahead and bought the scenery (plus took advantage of the Simmarket sale and bought a few others I did not have).

I am not sure which way I will go with the airport code change. I think I might do what WingZ suggests and change the code using ADE. I have a lot of traffic files to go through and all of them currently have the WRRR code. It would take a while to go through all of them. Plus the new flightplans I am installing still have the WRRR code.

The code changed i believe before 2010, so you are using old plans. If you update to new flightplans you will have to change them back to the old code.

Peter Schluter

I use plans from Alpha India Group (AIG). In their plans they don't change the codes to the new ones. Their Garuda plans from Su15 use the WRRR code as does all their plans of the airlines that go to that airport.