Sign in to follow this  
Guest revporl70

Huge delay vectors

Guest revporl70

If tower requests that I go around, I am passed back to approach. I am then vectored anything up to 60 miles from the destination airport, and eventually back, which can add an hour to flight time. Sometimes I am then told to go around again! Is there anyway of making the delay vectors smaller? Does this happen in real life?

i'd be interested in why you are getting go arounds to begin with. are there any smarta$$ controller comments about a steak medium rare?after you contact approach, you're told to climb to an altitude and fly a heading. are you doing that? is the altimeter set to the correct setting?when you're asked what your intentions are, what do you reply with?jd

Guest revporl70

Yes, I get the steak message from tower! When I'm handed to approach I'm given a heading and alt, and prompted until I am maintaining that heading and alt. I always check barometer setting if not FL instruction. Then I'm pretty much left alone on that heading until I come under center control again, then turned around, come back under approach control again, and this time approach will vector me in properly. Until next time I'm told to go around! I'm not given any options. The whole process can take me 60 miles plus from the destination, and back again.I'm using traffic 2005, and I always have that ramped to maximum as I've been flying around rural scotland and I like to have some traffic in the sky. Would that make any difference?

if you are getting the steak comment, he says that your gear was up. i'm guessing your gear is down?what versino of fsuipc are you using?why don't you send me a .log, so i can see what's happening. instructions for a .log are pinned at the top of the forumjd

Guest revporl70

I've just tried again, one go around with gear up, one perfect(ish) landing with gear down!. I didn't think that it needed to be down until just before landing. When I tried putting gear down while still under approach, and also slowing down to 160 kts before handover, there was no go around...Sorry, that must be the explaination! Thanks for your trouble.

Hi,just wondering why there is such a FAA rule for having the gear down 2nm away from touchdown. What reason is there for that?When I fly in real as a passenger, often the pilot lowers the gear at about 150kt with flap 15 just 2 minutes befor touchdown. That is never 2nm out, is it?_______________________Regards, Torben HadlerBeta-Tester ACLoader 3 + 4http://www.fsflightdeck.com/acloader.htmlT-A-H MultiMedia Productions Torben Hadler - http://www.t-a-h.com || t-a-h@t-a-h.comHardware: CPU: AMD 64 X2 Socket 939 3600 @ x2 2Ghz | MoBo: MSI K8N Neo2 64 | RAM: 2048MB 400MHz DDR | NVIDIA GF7600 | Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 5.1Ch | CH-YOKE + Peddals; Primary: 17" Belinea TFT * Secondary: Philips 150S4 TFT 15" || Software: Display Resolution used: 1280x1024 in WinXP and FS9.1 | WinXP Pro SP1b (German Version); DX9c | FS9.1 pro (German Versions) - all sliders maxed about 85-95% | ever latest FSUIPC licenced | ASv6 | Alert!! pro | UT 2004 | RC4.x | FSBuild 2 | ACLoader 4.x and much more...

150 knots is 150 nautical miles per hour or 2.5 nm per minute. At two minutes you were 5 nm out.

2 miles is a reasonable distance for the tower to visually see, if the gear is down, and wave you off, if they aren't. for your safety of course :-)jd