Sign in to follow this  
Guest strychninekiss

Quick question?

Guest strychninekiss

Hi JD and Co!I have a quick question which is probably real easy to solve.I have just taken off from KLAX 25R on a flight to KLAS.I chose No alt restrictions. I am using the Feel there 737 PIC FMC.In the LEGS page it says "Vectors" below the two first waypoints.And on the EFIS the magenta flight path abruptly ends. I guess this is cause RC controllers will vector be to the waypoint after at says "vectors", which is called "SLI" in the flightplan.RC has me fly way out over the pacific ocean and climb before vectoring me back to my original flight path. This does not seem very realistic so Im sure there is something that I have forgotten to do?The same thing happened after take off from KPHX on my way to KLAX, took me waaaay out east before vectoring me back west?//William

where are you seeing legs and vectors? not in rci would have to see the .pln, and a .log to see what you are doing.if you are choosing no altitude restrictions, then it's probably a departure procedure, right?are you flying the departure procedure?have you flown any of the tutorials dealing with departure procedures, no altitude restrictions, etc?jd

The waypoints in an FMC departure procedure MUST be in the FS .pln file loaded into RC. If the .pln file has the first waypoint withion 30 nm, you will get an "as filed" take off and be expected to navigate on your own through those waypoints without RC vectors. If you want vectors then your first RC waypoint should be more than 30 nm out.To modify this please see pages 107, 108, and 109 in the version 4.3 manual from RC for detailed selections of these options. If you do not have the 4.3 manual there is a download link at jdtllc.com.If your FMC on the LEGS page is calling for vectoring between more than one waypoint, that sounds a bit strange to me. RC will only vector you to line you up with your first plan waypoint subject to distance criteria as explained on those pages.Manipulate your FMC to comply with ATC commands. Know how to move up a waypoint on the legs page to skip them as necessary to keep your FMC updated so it shows the next waypoint in synch with that shown in the RC menu window status area. If necessary, and it usually is, guide the plane with your MCP panel using HDG, ALT, and SPEED controls with the FMC not coupled to the A/P and just update the FMC as needed to keep current. When RC states resume your own navigation you can update your FMC to fly from your PRESENT POSITION to the next RC waypoint, effectively a direct-to. For a Boeing FMC the waypoint is moved to the top of the legs page and on EXE the path will change and you can enable LNAV. If the waypoint is already at the top of the legs page you can LSK it twice and EXE to get a direct-to path.

Guest strychninekiss

Hi Ron and JD!Yes, I tried the same flight(KLAX to KDEN) and when I got to where the magenta line(on the EFIS) in the flight plan ended I used the MCP and turned back from the Pacific ocean inland(east) and RC gave no complaint at all. However I deleted way points cause I thought that the FMC would start taking me back to KLAX or something, in doing this the flightpath and magenta line changed and I got of course and RC controllers got ###### =))I guess this is due to the flightplan filed with RC stayes the same. But I manipulated the one in my FMC!?But thanks for the heads up on the 30NM it explains it. I really need to read through the manual and fly the tutorials like JD suggested! Im sure I am missing some really neat features of RC4!//William

Also note how to request RC to skip a waypoint to avoid being turned back to a missed RC waypoint. It is on the extended menu, 9 I think, then the direct checkpoint option. Choose the one you want to go to and proceed directly to it.

Guest strychninekiss

BTW!Where do I find the .log after using "Debug" and flying the troubled route?I have 4 folders in my RC4x folder, they are called "Data", "Script", "Tutorials", "Winwood".Regards//William

have you flown a tutorial yet?forget the magenta line. controller's don't care about what your fmc says. if you are told to fly heading, you fly heading 245if you are told to resume own navigation, that doesn't mean turning 60 degrees so you can get on the magenta line. it means fly to the next checkpointif you are told to fly heading 270 and you should be heading 90, then you missed a checkpoint.and you're going to miss a checkpoint in a departure procedure, if you follow the magenta line.

when you click debug, you are asked where you want to put the .log file. by default it goes in the rcv4 or rcv4x directoryjd

Guest strychninekiss

Ahaaaa ok, thats great =)Ok I

Guest strychninekiss

I think i messed up and clicked debug after doing everything else. I

it will be something like xxxxxxx.log, there will be xxxxxxx.flt and xxxxxxx.wx files tooit can be big, if it is a long flight. make a short flight, long enough to duplicate the problem.and please, click debug, before loading the .plnjd

Guest strychninekiss

Ok, but you only need the .log file not the other two?Yepp its a short hop flight.I am pretty sure that I am doing something wrong thoughbut it would be great if you could take a quick peek at the log file if/when you have time =)Ok now to the flight....//William