Sign in to follow this  

X-Wind AUTOLAND PROBLEMS

Good evening fellow FLY!II PMDG simmers,I believe there was a post regarding the 757 X-wind autoland 3 problem. I'm having the same problem. ANY type of x-wind and the autoland gets off course on the ILS localizer and ends up off the runway. Today I shot an approach to minimums with a half mile visibility, with Autoland completely and appropriatley set up (all three) G/S localizer in the green. I ONLY had a 3Kt X-wind and still ended up about 500 off to the left of runway 25R (KLAX). Has anyone else had this problem consistently as well? Has anybody come across a solution or fix for this in the 757 or 777? The PMDG 757 SPECIFICALY says that the autoland 3 will be in a crab until 500 feet AGL. At which point, the autopilot will maneuver the aircraft into a WING LOW technique (WHICH IS APPROPRIATE!). The upwind wing is lowered INTO the direction of the wind, OPPOSITE RUDDER is used to keep the longitudinal axis (length wise) parrellel with the runway centerline, all the way to touchdown. With NO wind the autoland 3 works great and touches down on the numbers. I suspect that there is a problem with the switch from a CRAB attitude at 500' AGL to the Wing Low method! Perhaps there is a way for PMDG to correct this by fixing the method OR by just having the autopilot approach in a CRAB all the way to touchdown. This is not a MONUMENTAL problem but it is not far from it. FLY!II constantly changes the winds and in the final approach and touchdown, this problem wrecks havoc. I don't know about anyone else, but it just RUINS my whole flight when the autopilot brings her down to touchdown 100 feet of the end of the runway EVERY TIME the is ANY type of crosswind. Does anybody have any comments, recommendations, or suggestions?Yours Truly,Dave.. a.k.a. CB

Dave,Same problem here, doesn't seem to matter if it a quartering Tailwind or direct Crosswind, Landed in SJC with a 3 kt quartering Tailwind and still drifted about 50' off the runway by touchdown with the LOC about a half dot off. Guess its time to start earning that Pilot Pay and hand flying the final approach :-)Seems to be a minor problem with the A/P not crabbing at all from what I could see.Come on Lefteris, we know you were looking for something to do since your back from vacation :-)Paul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Dave-This is a problem with the autopilot code within FLY!II. I'm experimenting- but to be clear- it is definitely being caused within FLY!II's innards... Robert S. RandazzoPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/coolcap.gifwww.precisionmanuals.com

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert,Thanks for the info. I hope that this is addressed with the next patch from TRI. I don't like to complain but, that autoland is my little pet peive.Thanks,Dave

Guest Hagar

I have been pointing out this little bug several times in the forums...good to know that it`s a TRI bug at least !Hope this gets hight up on their priority list :)For now, I take the plane manually the last bit to the rwy.When I got a no visibility landing, I set the wind to zero.