Sign in to follow this  

Can someone remind me how to..........

Can someone remind me how to "step through" the different legs in the "plan view" on my HSI so my planbe icon is always in the center? I forgot how to do it, & eventually when I get "out of range" on the HSI screen, my airplane icon is not centered any longer & I can't see it. Thank you.Chris Catalano

this for the 77, or the 57???? since im rather new with the 77 :-newbie and still learning all the things that i can do with it, i dont think that i could answer your question, unless (and if i am wrong in assuming this....slap me :-bluegrab )but did you try hitting the center button on the map control panel? it is inside of the map, plan, vor, app, mode button. that is really the only thing that i could come up with. sorry if i could not help you out :( but i tried ;)anthony

>Can someone remind me how to "step through" the different >legs in the "plan view" on my HSI so my planbe icon is >always in the center? Chris,757/767 ? Plane icon while in "map" view stepping through the flight plan ??? Why ? There shouldn't be any plane icon. Unless we are talking about vastly different things.Michael J.

Guest mmcevilley

>>Can someone remind me how to "step through" the different >>legs in the "plan view" on my HSI so my planbe icon is >>always in the center? >>Chris, >>757/767 ? Plane icon while in "map" view stepping through >the flight plan ??? Why ? There shouldn't be any plane icon. >Unless we are talking about vastly different things. >>Michael J. On the navigation display there is a view where a small aircraft icon moves from waypoint to waypoint as the flight is flown. That same display can be used to "step" through the legs of the flight plan prior to departure. I remember reading it in the manual, but have not ever tried it. I do know that when flying in map view (I think that is what the view is called) the icon moves off the page and I was not able to get it to recenter. This is with the 757. With the 777, the next waypoint would always be placed at center of the display.-michael

Chris,To "Step" through the loaded flight plan select "Plan" on the EHSI Mode Select panel on the center pedestal. Then pull up the Pop up FMC and on either the "Legs" or "Progress" page there will be a "Step" cue. Your A/C will always remain centered on the selected "Step" and the Map Display will always display North Orientation. Depressing the "Step" cue will step you through the loaded waypoints of your flight plan.Hope this is what you were refering to.RegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Thanks Paul! It is EXACTLY what I was referring to. I just forgot how to do it. Your reminder works like a charm.Again, thanks.Chris Catalano

>"Progress" page there will be a "Step" cue. Your A/C will >always remain centered on the selected "Step" Interesting. While doing it in 767PIC there is no plane icon while 'stepping' through the plan. What is in the center is just the current waypoint (white star) you are stepping through.Michael J.

>the icon moves off the page and I was not >able to get it to recenter. I believe it shouldn't happen (in the real plane). By definition while in map view the plane icon should always be centered in the bottom of the display.Michael J.

>757/767 ? Plane icon while in "map" view stepping through the flight plan ??? Why ? There shouldn't be any plane icon. Unless we are talking about vastly different things.Michael J:I didn't say "map view" - notice I said "plan view"Chris

MichealYou are correct, I should have clarified that it is actually the waypoint that is in the center of the screen with a white annotation (Kinda looks like an A/C symbol :-) ). It should indicate the Current Waypoint that you are stepping thru on your flight plan. Both PMDG and PIC have done it correctly. Sorry for any confusionRegardsPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

>I didn't say "map view" - notice I said "plan view" >I know Chris, I got totally confused by your question since you were asking about the plane icon on the "plan view" - and the icon ain't there to begin with. Michael J.

Actually, I was able to get it to work in the 777. how do you do it in the 757? In the 757, I can't find the same "step" indicator on the legs or prog page as in the 777. Any ideas? Thanks.Chris