Sign in to follow this  
hangar

Fuel Planner for the new 737NG--->any chance of including one?

dunno if this is out of the question or not, but it would be great if this package came with some sort of fuel planner so us pilots dont have to deal with those pain in the neck dispatchers :-)Dave

Dave-I haven't gotten that far into writing the manual, but I am relatively sure we'll have some fuel planning info for you.There will not be an electronic fuel planner, however.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Careful Dave.....Im one of those pain in the necks in the real world.....We work just as hard as the flight crew and only get a tenth of $$$$$.Find somthing to pick on the FAs for:).....LOLOLOLRandy

Rob-If its any help.Manual flt plng info from a large US 737NG operator.B737-700 avg/hrly burn 5700lbs/hr Or 95lbs/min4300lbs = :45 reserve2800lbs hold fuel = 30min100nm Alternate = 2200lbsStandard :15 Taxi=400lbs or 25lbs/minFuel Tanks = 46,100lbsAvg. TAS 440ktsB737-800 avg/hrly burn 6300lbs/hr Or 105lbs/min4700lbs = :45 reserve3100lbs hold fuel = 30min100nm Alternate = 2400lbsStandard :15 Taxi=400lbs or 25lbs/minFuel Tanks = 46,100lbsAvg. TAS 440ktsSo for example total fuel B737-800 BOS-MIA, 1120nm w/ -56 headwind, ETE 2:55Burn 18396(2:55)Hold 3100(0:30)Altn 2400Resv 4700(0:45)Taxi 400(0:15)----------------- Total 28996 lbsRegards,Marc Brodbeck

Hiya Randy...me too, I earned my ADX license just last May from FlightSafety :-)....and i know what you mean regarding the salary fractions LOLDave

...those pain in the neck dispatchers. Whoa, eeaaasy there! :-lol:-waveMike Collier

Yeah, we're an unruly bunch! :-lolI'll catch you online and put you in touch with that guy for the 727 fuel info.Mike Collier

Actually i ended up using the 727 cruise and climb fuel flow sheets i had left over from my flight planning at FlightSafety...they arent for the -17 engines but heck its close enough for simming anyhow :-)BTW - i interviewed with JAL last month for an adx position out of JFK...was really a great oppty and i was hoping, but i didnt get it after all was said and done:-( (so much for the token american theory hehe)Dave