Sign in to follow this  

SPECIFIC negative experiences with video cards??

Could we have a kind of poll? -- with input from people with SPECIFIC negative experiences with their own video cards -as it relates to FS2002.Now - please do not let this degenerate into a "this model/make is better than that one"This is not meant to be a comparative issue --- just looking for input from people with REAL gripes regarding their current video cards as it relates to FS2002 (only) Mainly - so that these negative experiences can be avoided by others on the upgrade path.Thanks

I have tried just about every new card that came along. I'm now still using the Geforce 3 which replaced the Voodoo 5500. I wish there was a card that could give me great FSAA like the voodoo and the colors and effects of the geforce cards.I'm hoping the Matrox Parhelia

Bump --- commom! there must be more probelms out there than this .I will ignore the first person who responded with the P2-233 running a Geforce 4 -- sorry mate.To the second person -- what flavour of Geforce 3 are you running - and what problems with AA did you have with the Geforce 4s --- I have to add that My old Geforce2MX sems to handle AA quite well Barry

Barry - I dunno much about polling, but I don't think ignoring those who respond helps the response rate. - Trip

Guest PaulL01

>Could we have a kind of poll? -- with input from people with >SPECIFIC negative experiences with their own video cards -as >it relates to FS2002. >>Now - please do not let this degenerate into a "this >model/make is better than that one" >>This is not meant to be a comparative issue --- just looking >for input from people with REAL gripes regarding their >current video cards as it relates to FS2002 (only) >>Mainly - so that these negative experiences can be avoided >by others on the upgrade path. >>Thanks You would be better off to just do a search of this info and pick through it yourself as there will be much more info and you can get at it in just seconds instead of waiting.I understand your post but dont find it to be of real use as it is much easier to ask "I have this system with X-Motherboard, any problem running a GF4TI or ATI8500? There just arent that many cards out there, and you are more likey to get the info you need as you will and can read of problems with all kinds, but that doesn't mean that X-card is Bad, could have been a bad driver issue, a damaged card, a bad installation or any number of other things.I just think your question is much too general, but I could be wrong. :)As for the poor guy and his P266, thats a system performance issue not a video card issue, you really need about ten times the power of your system. :)Take Care,Paul

Guest Max Cowgill

>^^^^having problems with reflections and multitexture (aka >doesn't work) on GeForce4 MX440 Reflections don't work because they're not supported w/the GF4 MX ;)Max Cowgill

This didn't happen to me, but happened to a friend of mine. Dust collected on the fan of his Geforce 3 and eventually the fan failed. The card burned up and destroyed itself. Doh!

While I haven't tested with an actual MX (I avoid them even when customers ask for them), I doubt any reflection issue is because the MX doesn't support reflection maps. Any GF2 supports reflection maps in FS (multiple verifications). And thats all a GF4 MX is: a souped up GF2. Heck, any TNT supports reflection maps - although I haven't verified if a TNT uses FS's reflections properly either.Take care, http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

Guest Max Cowgill

>While I haven't tested with an actual MX (I avoid them even >when customers ask for them), I doubt any reflection issue >is because the MX doesn't support reflection maps. Any GF2 >supports reflection maps in FS (multiple verifications). >And thats all a GF4 MX is: a souped up GF2. Heck, any TNT >supports reflection maps - although I haven't verified if a >TNT uses FS's reflections properly either. Elrond, I realize the GF4 MX is a souped-up GF2/MX and *should* support reflections, but that depends on the implementation of said reflections. From every report I've seen on this forum from anyone using a GF4 MX reflections either are a) not supported via hardware or :( do not work in FS2k2 for unknown (perhaps software) reasons. Of course, this could just be hearsay and the GF4 MX very well may support reflections in FS2k2, just that the users of said video card have been thus far unable to get this feature to work.Max Cowgill

>>^^^^having problems with reflections and multitexture (aka >>doesn't work) on GeForce4 MX440 >>Reflections don't work because they're not supported w/the >GF4 MX ;) >>Max Cowgill This is PRECISELY the sort of info I am looking for!! :)Curious though -- because reflections work with my Geforce2MXBarry