Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilh

FMC display blinking

Guest ilh

If I have the FMC up for a while, I will occasionally see its display go blank for about a second and then come back, without any intervention by me. Does anyone else see this?Lee Hetherington (KBED)

Does this happen at a changing of flight sim's time? Going from day to night etc?[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smith [h4]P M D G 7 3 7 NG[/h4]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/196432/mineimage.jpg [h3] Realism on the horizon [h5]AMD XP 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF2 MX 32 MEG and still runs GOOD!|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"[/h5]

Guest mike_cyul

Every 2D panel/window I call up in the NG will start blinking periodically, usually for about 10-15seconds (the VC and outside views do not), but I believe this is related to my ATI 9800 graphics card. However, as I said, this blinking only happens on the 737NG. I haven't seen the FMC display go on and off like you describe, and I have flown the plane almost every day for the past couple of weeks.Mike

Try to disable render to texture. That blinking could happen if you use FSMeteo or ActiveSky.Jos

Guest ilh

Turned off and using no weather whatsoever.It might have been the ambient lighting changing near sunset, but it is only the FMC screen that goes blank, not PFD, ND, EICAS.Lee Hetherington (KBED)

I can confirm that Lee! I have the same thing. I can definitely tell you it happens when transitioning from day to dusk to night panel. But I have seen it on other occasions as well I think. I dunno what to do. Try to uncheck dawn/dusk texture blending...Running on a GeForce3 Ti200/128.

Guest amerton

I noticed this myself a few times, but we did not find the reason yet (I have a parhelia).The FMC is "low rate refresh" to be frame rate friendly. (Refreshing it 20 times per second would be a waste).This is why it is more obvious on that gauge. It might miss a few cycles if another app asks for cpu.Sorry I can't say more on the subject, but panel stuff is not really my cup of tea (read : area of expertise) ;-)anthonyPS you should see (and fly) the AC in the VC with the parhelia. I have 3 monitors side by side and having the VC spread out on the 3 screens is like being there... Especially that the VC is clickable...Frame rate not quite there yet, but I'm anyway more interested in the cockpit/systems than in what happens outside ;-)Anthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest ilh

Given that I get a stellar 2-3fps in the VC, I am stuck with the 2D only models. :-(P3-933, 512MB, 128MB nVidia Quadro4 750XGL, default aircraft easily pegged at 20fps with high sliders even around KLAS. NG 2D cockpit is 7fps at cruise. Kind of disappointing frame rates that detract from hand flying, especially on short final where frames can be 4fps.Lee Hetherington (KBED)