Sign in to follow this  
Guest United

I LUV PMDG, but..(aka "My Rant")

Guest United

and you knew there would be a butt!! LOL, there always is. Fact is, people like me pay ridiculous amounts of $$ for fast service. I know myself, I'm a selfish little imp and I want it NOW NOW NOW!! LOL....resultant of that, I have, on several occasions paid nearly equal the price of a product just to have it overnighted or next-dayed!! This includes flightsim stuff. I'm a software ** what can I say. The point is, give me a web page on the PMDG site to PAY for immediate download on a premium server and it's ALREADY done my friend. I paid what, 39.95 for the original craft?.....I'll pay another what, 20 to 30 dollars US for this SU2 upgrade........done deal. And, you cannot tell me that there are hundreds if not thousands of customers ready to do the same. If one does not want to pay for the "FREE upgrade", then you can wait as we are now. And sorry Ken Salter, you are wrong about chastising the forum about impatience for a "FREE UPGRADE"....this is a BUSINESS deal and PMDG frankly lost an opportunity to make good $$ which would have GLADLY been paid by its customers. PMDG chose to make the upgrade free, we didn't. Flightsimmers in this and other forums are VERY savvy about the products it buys, who makes them and more importantly, how the product is delievered, that is over costly servers. That is why flightsim.com asks for $$ for premium download ability. And guess what, we PAY, lots of us if not most. I would have paid PMDG for the privilege of fast download service and I would have insisted that they make $$ on the transaction as well, because that is the way the business world works my friend. Having said all the above, things being what they are, for better or worse, I too shall now wait in line and enjoy SU2 when it arrives AND keenly anticipate their new 747 proposed aircraft whenever it arrives. I think PMDG is right up there with Dreamfleet and PSS and their product shall always be welcome on my hard drive!! Cheers!!!Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest Dudley Brooke

I have already proposed this, but didn't get any reaction - except 'Server Busy'. Dudley Brooke

Guest United

all of today's server problems could have been largely averted and PMDG put $$ in their pockets. Instead, the talented PMDG fellows are costing themselves $$ by having to spend their time trouble shooting the server instead of producing more product... oh well!Randy Jura, KPDX

>all of today's server problems could have been largely>averted and PMDG put $$ in their pockets. Instead, the>talented PMDG fellows are costing themselves $$ by having to>spend their time trouble shooting the server instead of>producing more product... oh well!>Randy Jura, KPDXTrust my Randy I think you're in a VERY small minority of people who would be willing to essentially pay for the plane again just to get it 1 or 2 days faster... even if PMDG were to do what you're proposing, that isn't something that can be done quickly or easily - it'd be a whole different software thing for the server.Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest United

You could be right, I could be in a vast minority of end users willing to pay a premium for fast downloading on a separate server, but then again, my peers in this hobby are a bit on the impatient side and I really do wonder that more would pay than you think....anyway .. I fully support PMDG and all their staff and testors, your product is a gem and is worth the wait, but come one, arnt you all just a bit envious of say, PSS's product delievery systems?!! LOL! ....cheers to all and keep on pluggin' away!!!Randy Jura, KPDX

Not envious Randy, I do feel bad this is not going as expected, I and others involved really want you guys to have it as fast as possible. They are giving it all they got, all we can do is wait. I am crossing my fingers! [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest United

You all need and deserve them!........I'm excited about your choice of next project, the 747-400!, that will be a real peach when it's done!Randy Jura, KPDX

Well Ryan,when PMDG released the 777 for Fly!II and at the same time announced that a couple of days later a patch would come to make the Fly! version (that I already had bought) compliant with Fly!II, I still bought the new new Fly!II version. Hey, I could start flying 3-4 days earlier :) ! I always figured PMDG was worth all the support they could get for staying with and trying to pump life into a vanishing but fantastic flightsimulator.Now, if I only could get that email notification for the 737 I'd be in heaven. Good things come to those who wait, I keep telling myself! :)/Krister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------