Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG SERVER ONLINE: 16DEC03 2345Z

Captains-During the past few hours Lefteris and I have been working make some final adjustments to server. As many of you know- it is now working as we expected.I expect that some of you may still wind up waiting in a small que to obtain your full PMDG 737: THE NEXT GENERATION version 1.2 download, but the server is properly sending nearly 400MB of data per MINUTE- which is closer to what we expected upon the initial release at 0400Z on Saturday.As we've mentioned a few times, the server certainly has the capacity to handle the load we expected- and you can imagine that this has been as frustrating for us as it has been for some of you!This being said, it is important to point out that while we've been virtually crippled by what until now had existed as a minor software flaw in our electronic delivery system, we are also thrilled that the demand from our customers has been so high.... Even if it caused this minor flaw to cripple our operations for nearly 72 hours.At one time in PMDG's history we released a product and virtually nobody noticed. It took alot of heart-and-soul searching, and alot of retooling to bring PMDG to the point where customer demand would cripple our delivery mechanism. Personally- all of us on the team are glad we have made that journey in spite of it's pitfalls.From the moment it was evident that we had a problem with the server we have worked hard to keep you up to date with the current status and the evolution of our game plan. While many have offered suggestions in the forum, we felt it best to maintain course and resolve the problem rather than accepting what might seem to some as simple fixes- but fixes that might ultimately place PMDG's future and the security of our customer's information in danger.At PMDG we take seriously the business of being in business, and that means not taking the easy solution to a tough problem, even in the face of criticism from those who exlcaim most loudly. In spite of the effort and lack of sleep required- we were confident that a solution would be found and it's implementation would resolve the out-standing concerns being voiced.On behalf of the entire team at PMDG, we hope you all succeed in downloading the new airplane in the shortest time possible! On the outside chance that the server needs more help, we'll provide it- as we always do.To those who have been so supportive during the past three days, we offer our sincerest thanks! It is always more fun to weather a crisis with friends! We're glad you were here!Now I have some other issues to get caught up on to help those customers who still need download addresses.... more on that in another NOTAM in about 10 minutes!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest rvdlaak

Many congratulations to all at PMDG, just dloaded my copy - seems like all previous issues resolved here :-) lovely!Love the new site by the way - very now, informative and easy to browse. All in all, a product worth buying and with the support from your team - glad I did :-) But you don't need me to tell you that I'm sure!A pat on the back all around for you guys.nuff sed.ps. .... that niggling tremor I had in my knees for the last month waiting for this moment has now stopped, butterflies still there while my install is happening. Don't tell the Mrs I sed that :-)Ronniehttp://ronnie.vandelaak.com/baw644.gif

Guest firehawk44

I got on-line immediately and downloaded the file in 6 minutes. Awesome! Thanks for all your hard work!Jim Young

Mr. Randazzo,Thanks to you and Team PMDG for getting the problems worked out. Although there has been a lot of frustration (on both sides of the download), you tracked down the problem, fixed it, and resolved the crisis.I wonder what the Wright Brothers would say looking at us complaining about 72+ hours to download a _simulation_ of something it took them years to design/develop and only got to fly for 59 seconds, 100 years ago today.Good job, it's downloading now, I'm planning the flight now, and can't wait for wheels up.Looking forward to your next release!-Dan

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

Guest Renato

Downloading now!! Thanks PMDG for this niice update. Looking forward to fly the 747-400!

Yesss!!!Just downloaded at 258kB/min!!!You finally did it, everything seems to be working fine now.Thanks very much, Pietro.

Guest cboyes

Now this is more like it. GOT IT!!! Downloaded it in 13 mins 30 secs. Thankyou PMDG for resolving this issue. Now, how many hours is it before I can go home from work...

Guest tezbedz

Thanks for all your hard work over the last few days, I've just installed the update and look forward to taking her up tomorrow night.The only problem with the download was the important info on and acrobat file at the end of the install would not load Acrobat claimed the file was corrupted.I have XP is the info in this file relevant, if so could you put it onto the web site.I wish you a well earned rest now.ThanksTerry

Guest sk400hvy

Thank you PMDG!Got it 00:25 GMT @ 900 Kb/s with a peak of 1200!Tomorrow is install-day :DCheersAndy

Congratulations guys!Downloaded succesfully, install went without problems!If we seemed impatient at times, it's only because we all knew we were onto something good...like 'ole King Tantalus!I sincerely hope things will keep rolling for you now!Best,Martijn

Thank you guys for remarkable effort to get this "on track". Just d/l the file, with dial-up!! Nice and steady all the way.I think we can "resume our navigation" now. Thanks also for keeping us well informed all the way.Best regardsPer A

>>>>At one time in PMDG's history we released a product and virtually nobody noticed. It took alot of heart-and-soul searching, and alot of retooling to bring PMDG to the point where customer demand would cripple our delivery mechanism. Personally- all of us on the team are glad we have made that journey in spite of it's pitfalls.<<<<

Eric 

Guest Floyd312

Many thanks to all of you at PMDG! I just now got home from work, opened my email, and clicked the link. The file downloaded on the first try and it downloaded very fast. Thanks again!Don

Guest Francis

Hello,I have a small problem. I

Guest Hickup4695

Well at least I am online downloading I am getting a whopping 2.2 K. I am using dap and its telling me 10 hours for the download. don't think my wife will let me stay online that long. Darn this dial up modem. Priced the salltelite high speed internet, don't own an oil field. That is the only problem I have with great products that don't come out on a CD, takes me forever to download and where i Live I can't get high speed. Will you ever release any of your products on a cd version?David