Sign in to follow this  
michal

How can I make it more realistic?

Hi all,I'm trying to figure out how I can make FS2002 more realistic. One problem I have with FS is that you don't really get a feeling for how large these planes are and it's too commonplace. When I got onto an A330 in real life, I was in awe. In real life, on the take-off roll, I have butterflies in my stomach. When I load up a 747 in FS2002, it looks nice, but it doesn't seem as enormously big as it is in real life (was on one of those also) I'm just trying to figure out how I can make it seem like a real plane, like I'm really flying a plane that big in FS. I have a real nice system, so i do have all features maxed out...Tim

Guest Pabra

Same here. There is no substitude for the real stuff. I guess one has to think sim when simming and don't compare. Hard stuff, though! Flying from the vc on a 22" screen did make it a bit better here. I'm sitting about 1 and a half feet from the tube at 1600x1200 res. Next step is either a beamer or a vr helmet. :-)

Atually, I think that when you fly the sim 747 and are on takeoff role, it seems forever to get to v1 speed...and lifts with a lumbering sense as if it really is 200,000 or more pounds of aircraft...my suggestion: immerse yourself in the experience, and get a good sound system. That really helps.Sherman KaplanHighland Park Il

Thought you'd be baking down at the "Taste....", or out scamming the NBAA regional conference at KDPA looking at the $$$$ corp birds while covering the KORD security czar's speech & chicken dinner.As far as the grandure of heavy iron, since the advent of "jetways" the passengers don't get that feeling when they board. Even doing the walk-around there is so much going on I feel "numb" to what a beast/work of art/awesome-ness a modern jet is."200,000 pounds?" hmmm, must be a mini-whale. I get nervous walking under the 600,000 pound 747 looking at the gear. Then there was the 1 million pound Union Pacific Challenger locomotive.....Timothy

Guest Joshieca

I agree with getting a good sound system...I am using some of the sound files from the Learjet 45, for tire rumble, when the aircraft goes down the runway...that deep bass sound, given off by my Klipsch THX speakers really makes it seem like you have got jet engines thrusting behind you.[br][br][div align=center]http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif]CHINESE PROVERB"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to bangkok."[/div][/font://http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fst.../i][/div][/font

Hi Tim...thank goodness, we are not doing anything at Taste this year...what a relief...and you are right about "baking", so I am glad that particular gig is past history.>Thought you'd be baking down at the "Taste....", or out >scamming the NBAA regional conference at KDPA looking at the >$$$$ corp birds while covering the KORD security czar's >speech & chicken dinner. [snip snip. }>>"200,000 pounds?" hmmm, must be a mini-whale. I get nervous >walking under the 600,000 pound 747 looking at the gear. >Then there was the 1 million pound Union Pacific Challenger >locomotive..... >>Timothy Actually, I pulled the 200000 pound figure out of my hat...just guessing, since I was at work and did not have time to check. But, I thought it was probably to light when I used the number. Thanks for picking up on that..Now, you obviously know about me and my work. But, I don't think I know you, or do I? You can answer here, or at my email...shermank@attbi.comSherm

Hey guys, let me say that the A330 has accurate dimensions down to a inch or so. It is the real size. If you want to come to grips with the size of the A330 or 747 just taxi next to a cessna, hehe. Take care,Sherv

You could use a Fresnel lens to enlarge your screen. I have done it.Michael J.