Sign in to follow this  
Guest aerospaceboy

Random Crashes

Guest aerospaceboy

PMDG,I am thoroughly enjoying your product, and I do firmly believe it is the best addon for FS out there!However, ever since I received SU2 I have been experiencing random crashes of FS only while flying the 737NG. These crashes did not occur with the SU1 version.In an attempt to fix the problem I reinstalled Windows XP, Flight Sim 2004, SU2, and got the latest Navdata - 0312. However, this was to no avail as I am still getting the crashes.Basically, the sim crashes, shows the error reporting dialog, then fs closes and restarts itself.Any ideas?Oh, and I wanted to add - this may be a stupid question, but where can I find the trim indicator so I can see my current stab trim value? This is driving me crazy.Thanks much,Nathan Neitzke

though I don't have the product yet, I think it is something to do with the NavData. You need to role to the previous one!

Nathan- I'm trying to pass along something that I only partially understand- so if I do not explain the properly I hope somebody will jump in and correct me.... (Okay- who are we kidding- I get corrected here ALL the time! it'll happen! LOL!) During a conversation earlier tonight with Paul while we were running through the tech support inbox- he was explaining to me that he had some problems during one of our many beta cycles with exactly the same problem you are describing.After conducting some research in various online forums, he found a piece of advice that recommended he delete a couple of files that FS9 saves for itself that involve alot of "states" for the simulator.By finding and deleting this file- the lockups and CTDs went away- and have not returned.I've just spent 30 minutes canning through my notes and I cannot figure out exactly what file he was referring to- but possibly this will trigger another forum memer to leap in with the correct answer...Worst case Paul will sign on tomorrow and tell you that I haven't a clue what I'm talking about (but then he'll explain to you what he was telling me....)I hope that helps somewhat...The bottom line here is that unlike previous versions of FS- FS9 has some areas where it stores information for it's own use and this can create problems later on..... We were involved in beta testing FS9, but it was never installed long enough with enough interaction for such things to pop to the surface- so you can imagine that this is probably news to MS as well...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest henkb

Hi Nathanyou wrote:"Oh, and I wanted to add - this may be a stupid question, but where can I find the trim indicator so I can see my current stab trim value? This is driving me crazy."It's on the throttle quadrant, on the left side!take care, happy Holidays

Guest aerospaceboy

Mr. Randazzo,Thanks again for all your help.I just completed a full IFR flight today and conducted full IFR procedures including SID/STARS, holds, etc... IT WAS A BLAST!Thanks guys so much for delivering this amazing product! I will be first in line for your 747!!!Thanks,Nathan Neitzke

Guest aerospaceboy

Hey,Thanks so much for your help!Finally found it! :-)Sincerely,Nathan Neitzke