Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

Engine startup sound

Hi all,does anybody know if there is a way to better tune the engine startup sound ? I mean, after you open the start valve and engine starts rotating, the sound is very realistic but when you select "fuel on" the transition is definitely not realistic: rather than accelerate, the N2 drop for a couple of seconds and you don't hear any sound at all, then everything goes back to normal.In the real world when you open fuel cut off valve, N2 accelerate immediately and sound also becomes louder immediately.Any chance to improve in on the PMDG 737 ?Apart from this very minor issue, congratulations at you PMDG guys for the excellent job you've done.

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Guest lbb

Yes, that would be a nice idea!Just to make sure you guys don't get me wrong, I think the new sounds, including the "ambient" cockpit sounds, are really VERY realistic, as far as I can judge, based on a number of jump seat landings and take-offs, full motion sim time and watching video's. (The flap lever sound for instance is a very nice touch!)However, as far as start-up is concerned, the one time I did a start-up myself in the KLM 738 sim what struck me was the sound: at first nothing seemed to happen (so there was no sound like the one you get right after you move the start switch to ground in the PMDG737) but then a very faint low sound started almost imperceptibly, then gradually growing ever louder. Beautiful!Of course, this was also a sim, but I was told that the sounds were very realistic. So perhaps in this repsect there is some room for even further improvement in PMDG?Leo Bakker

Guest Dash8driver

Yeah I agree. You really don't hear anything until you introduce the fuel at which point you'll get a short pop or poof sound followed by a low end humm that gets louder and increases in pitch until the engine reaches idle RPM.

Hi again,it might be interesting to hear PMDG opinion about this issue. I have noticed the same anomaly on basically all the third party add ons aa/cc for MSFS (both 2002 and FS9), not to mention the default aircraft, so may be there is some software constraint which prevents a better modeling of the real start up cycle sound.I would really be interested in having a PMDG statement on this.Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

That would be good... I dont have this aircraft yet so Im just basing that on what you guys/ and gals have said.I have a question though.For those of you that have been and watched a NG737 take-off.... you hear the whining of the engine suddenly increase and the roar... I have yet to hear sound package that sounds like the real thing. How well is this sound done?ThanksRyan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer