Sign in to follow this  
Guest enriqueo

PMDG Expresss 1900D:Reality-XP JL2+GPS530+WX500?

Guest enriqueo

I own all three products (Reality XP) and would like to know how to integrate them into the PMDG 1900D.In the file that I downloaded, I only see combinations for JL2 with either the WX500 or the GPS530, but not both.Am I missinig something?Thanks,Enrique O.Illigitimi..Non Carborundum

Guest emookie

I own all three as well, but I have a feeling that since only one unit will fit it the center panel spot (the 530 or the WX) they set it up as an either/or.You can always use the RealityXP EZ Config to add the other unit (It won't appear on the panel in 2D or VC, but only as a popup).For me, if it doesn't fit in the panel, I won't use it. Maybe someone has a better solution.Cheers,Eric Courtney

Captains,We have provided configuration files that support all 3 of your Reality-XP avionics, all at the same time. We have a hidden spot reserved for the WX500 in the VC that you can't see otherwise ;-)Go to the downloads tab of www.precisionmanuals.com, click on Miscellaneous files, and download the full set of configuration files. Enrique, look again for the folder entitled "Panel with Reality XP JetLine2, 530XP GPS, AND WX500 Weather Radar"Please follow the instructions very carefully!Enjoy!VinPMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest enriqueo

Vin,i downloaded the file again and there is no such file with the combination of the three. Unless it was not uploaded, I believe that the only option is to do what Eric suggests and add the radar with the Reality-XP configurator.Enrique O.Illigitimi..Non Carborundum

Guest pbn

Hmmm...I downloaded the file mentioned several hours ago and it contained a CFG file for all 3 RXP products for the 3 plane combinations. I have only tested it in 2D though, and it seems to work ok. The gps and weather radar pops up in a window.

Guest enriqueo

This is driving me nuts. I keep downloading the file from the PMDG misc section and it does not have a JL2+WX500+GPS530 option.Just giving up!Enrique O.Illigitimi..Non Carborundum

Guest emookie

I re-expanded the zip file and found the folder that Vin was talking about. I think it was sketchy because the folder name PMDG chose has commas in it (not usually a good idea) and I was expanding the zip in a different OS. YMMVTry and download the configs and expand them again and look for the config. It was there after all. (Sorry to doubt you, Vin)Cheers,Eric Courtney

Guest emookie

Enrique,The ability to open zip files is built in to WinXP. Just double-click on the zip file in Windows Explorer and you'll get a new window showing the contents of the zip. Just drag the stuff you want out of the window and you're done. Alternatively, you can right-click on the zip file and select "expand" from the popup menu.Eric Courtney

Guest pbn

I have tried with both winzip and winrar, both will extract just fine. I would say go for WinRAR, I'm very satisfied with it.

Guest enriqueo

Eric,I use Winzip and expands OK, but my problem is that I do not find the permutation that includes the 3 Reality-XP products: JL2 and GPS530 and Weather radar 500. Only all permutations of 2.I added the radar through the EZ-Config for the WX500. I will also check in the Reality-XP site, if not I will start playing with the panel.cfg file until I get it right.Enrique O.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/checkcapt.jpg

Does it work on B1900c?I bought the B1900C but i am not sure if it works on that. Any Clue??

I had to buy the B1900d PMDG and it works amazing. Now that's what i was looking for long time.

I use FS Panel Studio to place instruments in panels. It shows you the panel background as you add/delete/move/resize various instruments. I have used it with the WX500, JL2, JL3, and Apollo 50 GPS from Reality-XP under Win XP. Be aware on the jetline series that there are gauge interdependencies and you may wish to drag some the suite components outside of the panel view window such as the nav/comm/transponder/TCAS master controller if the original panel already has these controls. FS Panel Studio is about $25 downloaded from flight1.com (use the download version as it is easier to update). First try the recommended PMDG downloaded panel.cfg files. Always make a safe copy of the original.