Sign in to follow this  

Project Freeware Aircraft Problem in NEW computer...old

Hello:I just got a new system and was transferring all my old stuff onto my new machine and that included a BUNCH of aicraft files from the "new" Project Freeware.Only problem is that when I moved "some" of the files, they did not work on my new machine, HOWEVER they worked FINE on my old system and I was using FS2002 in the old and new computers.For example....When I load the Midwest Express DC9-14 N700ME cir/2001 in new colors....it loads fine and I can fly it.But, when I try selecting the Midwest Express DC9-32 or some other planes that I downloaded from project freeware, they don't load and I get an error message saying:"Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 was unable to load some 3rd party software. You can continue using Flight Simulator, but your 3rd party software will be disabled.File: C:Program FilesMicrosoftGamesFS2002AIRCRAFTMidwest_Express_DC-9-32_2001,pde;PF-DC930.MDLFor more information on 3rd party software, see the Readme file in the Flight Simulator 2002 Program Group in your Start menu."Can anyone help me out? I am confused as to why some planes from them will work while others won't?? All of them worked fine on my old computer. I went from Dell to a Dell??Any information would be appreciated.Thanks,Jonnymidwestx@starband.net

Hi thereWindows 2000 and Windows XP had a problem reading certain mdl files from Fs2000 planes. There is a utility called Mdlrepair or something spelt like that. Here is the link to it.http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=4402You run the programme and select the mdl file you want to repair and then it will fix those errors, maybe you should goto to the project freeware site first and see if theyve got some model files that are upto date with Fs2002 and then just overwrite your old ones.Craig

Thanks,That was my same reply to his question on the General Dscussion forum. I didn't know the repair tool was also at AVSIM.Brent H/PF

Hi guys.......Guess what? The MDLREPAIR thing didn't do anything. I still cant get it to load without an error message.Any other ideas?& yes.......I am running Windows XPJonny

Johnny,I just downloaded and installed the Midway DC9-14 and everything worked fine.You may want to re-download the plane and try it again. Are you using the default FS2002 B737-400 panels and sound?Brent/PF

You cliked on the mdl itself, and the utility said that it was repaired?

BobK

Hi Bob;No...the repaired button never lit up. It stayed grey...you could not click on it.:)