Sign in to follow this  
Guest A321

B1900d Landing Video @ Aspen KASE

Guest A321

Hi all.I took the B1900d on a flight from KDEN (denver) to KASE (Aspen).I have recently Enhanced Aspen with Lago's FSE. Watching my approcah and landing in reply I thought it looked quite cool, So I had to make a video.If you want to have a look Right Click on choose "Save Target As" on the link below. 12Mb (Sorry but its good quality and has Sound)Windows Media 9 .wma Filehttp://www.glideslope.co.uk/Landing2.wmvWatch the landing carefully and you will see that I cut the power to early, That will teach me not to forget to set the right Baro. :)Jason

Guest A321

Thanks Vin. Is the landing gear covered under your warrenty?? :)Jason

Guest walle

Hi Jason.Great video - just wished it had been longer :D The other day I tried to fly the same route as you but within FS2004. Over the mountains the ATC keept asking me to dec for FL150 and then clb for FL160... it were like the mountains keept surprising the ATC?? Did you use ATC on your flight or did you navigate yourself?Secondly the ATC vectored me in for rwy 33 but way to high - the B1900 looked like a divebomber coming in for landing. So could your descirbe your flight a little more precise? All of the above ofcause only if you have the time. cheers, walle

Guest TerryW

Outstanding! So, where can we get your FSE files?Thanks in advance,Terry

Guest A321

>Outstanding! So, where can we get your FSE files?>>Thanks in advance,>TerryThanks.I will upload them tonight to my site. Please bear in mind that you need the wonderfull freeware aspen for FS2004 from the file Library.I will post back in this thread once I have put the files up.Jason

Guest A321

>Hi Jason.>>Great video - just wished it had been longer :D >>The other day I tried to fly the same route as you but within>FS2004. Over the mountains the ATC keept asking me to dec for>FL150 and then clb for FL160... it were like the mountains>keept surprising the ATC?? Did you use ATC on your flight or>did you navigate yourself?>>Secondly the ATC vectored me in for rwy 33 but way to high ->the B1900 looked like a divebomber coming in for landing. So>could your descirbe your flight a little more precise? >>All of the above ofcause only if you have the time. >>cheers, walle Hi No problem.I followed ATC Vectors for a Visual Approach to RW 33. I am using Aspen scenery from the file library, and the authour kindly pointed out the FS ATC will vector you in to mountins, so its better to request the GPS DBL Approach. In this flight I did not do that, I just followed ATC Vectors as the VIS was good and I could clearly see the runway when asked to Call runway in sight. Yes ATC did keep me high, but I have quite a lot of experience with landing at aspen, as I did a lot of flights there last month with the Eaglesoft Premier 1 & the Hawker-XP which is a little harder to get down. if the Vis was bad I would have gone for an GPS using the DBL trans.The last alt change from ATC was 14000 ft and aspen is at about 7000ft so I had to lose 7000 ft. In reality I did come in like a dive bomber, but I basicly glided in to the point where I started recording the video holding the nose up.The B1900D is very forgiving IMHO and lets you lose ALT quite quickly if you need to.If you listen to the engine sound you can clearly hear as I take the engines right back to idle for a few seconds, before a last burst.I did slam the gear down, but at least I got down. Im in no doubt that how I got down would be wrong in real life, but MS ATC is tricky.Another reason I made it in, was because I was expecting to be kept high so I did at a few points ignor ATC.I use FSNavigator as well and that tells you the MSA (minium safe Alt) or if you have the Reality-XP 530 that does as well.thankfully in FS2004 once your in the right position ATC will clear you to land weather you have followed their instructions or not, but they will keep barking "Please descent to xxxx" and of course as long as your plan has not been cancelled.Well I hope I helped you out a little. If you need more help Ill try. Im a dab-hand now at landing at aspen.Jason

That was a great video. Thanks for sharing.

Jason that was great it just made me want to leave work and fire up the sim. Very nice approach.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest ZIACargo

Looks like my first landing in the 1900. The approach was a bit on the fast side, and I pulled power a bit too soon. Landed hard but didn't break the aircraft. A few times around the pattern fixed the landing problems.http://ziacargo.com/download/landings.wmv - Me flying real world landings (kind of off topic)