Sign in to follow this  
Guest 737400

sbrelay 1.2 crashes

Guest 737400

Hi all,this is not realate to PMDG but i wanted to get your solutions ideas to this problem that i have. i have been all over the forums and can't find the solution.Basicly after i connect sbrelay to fs9 10-15min during the flight with Vatsim, sbrelay crashes. i have done some tests with fs9 mutiplayer to see it works or not i found out when i open a multiplayer session with fs9, i am unavaible to close multiplayer session anymore fs9 crashes on me.any idea?

Guest Marv

Firewalls have been known to cause this type of activity. Special attention to the XP built in firewalls. Also make sure you join the SBRelay session, and not Host, as we did in previous versions of FS. Vatsim has a "Pilot Resource Center" on the www.vatsim.net web page that has all kinds of tutorials, on setup, startup, and other related issues. I'm just about sure that you will find your answers there.Marv

Guest 737400

Hi marv,no i dont have firewall antways and i do click on join not host,i have been flying with fs9 ok since sbrelay came out a few months ago, this problem occured recently from no where.

Just a stab here, but have you tried to delete SBRelay completely and download and install a fresh copy? Sometimes files just get jacked...ChuckAthlon XP 2800+ASUS A7N8X DeluxeAntec TruePower 480 PS1.0 gig DDR PC2700ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 running Omega DriverSB Audigy 2WD 60 gig HDDWD 40 gig HDDCH Products USB YokeCH Products USB PedalsWindows XP Prohttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004proudsupporter.jpg

Guest 737400

Yep i try that too,and also i try sbrelay 1.0 still same problem

Guest Marv

I have a friend that had the exact same problem. I remember what it was now. (You must use SBRelay 1.2 with FS9 by the way) Anyway....He was behind a router, and no matter what he did, what ports he opened, he had a conflict and crashed. There is a reason for this, but I don't remember what it was. What he had to do is put his machine outside the router in what some call the "DMZ". He hasen't had a problem since. I too am behind a router, and have to do the same thing. I suppose it depends on what kind of router you have etc.He had the same symptoms, fly for 5-10 min. and SBRelay would crash. For those who have both of XP's firewalls, you can disable them in the Control Panel/Administrative tools/Services. Look for Internet Connection Firewall and IPv6 Internet Connection Firewall if you have XP Pro. Marv

Guest 737400

MarvI try that too firewall is disable, i doubled checked,If you could find your friend ask him to see what he did to prevent this crap, execuse my french>>>>>Lol

Guest Loiosh

DMZ stands for De-Militarized Zone. It basically tells the router that any and all unknown outside connection attemps (like someone trying to send you an ICQ file, or someone else's SBRelay trying to join your SBRelay) should automatically go to a certain computer on the network.

Guest Buck Bolduc

I use the LinkSys BEFSR41. It has the DMZ feature. You have to go into the routers setup to configure it. It's a 4 port switch/router/Gateway unit, works well.Regards

Guest Marv

Ok, This isn't really the place for this, but what the heck. Give this a try. I snipped this from one of the forums. Same type of problem. Don't know if it will work for you or not. Under multiplayer settings, try and use port number 12417 instead of the default of 23456.If that doesn't work, turn both sbrelay and FS on and you have to look for the port number in a dos prompt command line. Type in "netstat -a" and what you are looking for is a line that is away from the others in listening state.Proto Local Address Foreign Address State---snip---TCP computer:12417 computer:0 LISTENING---snip---Use the port number in local address column and put that in your multiplayer client settings. I had to do that a few times to make it work at the startMarv