Sign in to follow this  
Arnaud

Impossible to reset the FMC enroute

Hello,I'm a deep fan of PMDG and the last release of the 737-800/900has brought me all what I expected. Warm and loud congrats.However, I have a question regarding the FMC.I've been reading carefully the documentation but could find anyanswer.I flew today and encountered some problems:The take-off and the begining of the climb were ok.At some point, because of an important ZFW, the plane couldntreach the assigned FL. I got the FMC allert and dealt it.Later, I've had to descend 1000 feets below due to ATC.I enterred the corresponding level in the FMC, unfortunately,the FMC then engaged the descent mode, while I was not even at the begining of the cruise.Imppossible to get back to the cruise mode.Impossible even to delete and reset the whole route while airborne.The question is: depsite I've probably done something wrong whenI needed to go to a lesser FL, is it possible to reset theFMC while inflight?I've tried deleting the destination on the route page, butall the legs and the origin airport remain.I know the FMC reset itself once the aircraft is landed.But it should be possible to reset it inflight.Arnaud Solvay,Ops Tech at LFPG.

Hi ArnaudSorry to hear you were having some serious trouble.>I've tried deleting the destination on the route page, but>all the legs and the origin airport remain.Did you try to DELete the departure airport? I know this is resetting the whole flight plan.You should from that point be able to input a new plan from your current position.Hope it helps,

Dear Mats,This is precidely what I cannot do at all: delete the departure airport.And because of this, all the route remains.Regards,Arnaud Solvay

Guest tmetzinger

>Dear Mats,>>This is precidely what I cannot do at all: delete the>departure airport.>And because of this, all the route remains.>>Regards,>>Arnaud Solvay Try this...Put the aircraft in HDG and ALT hold.clear the DEST airport by changing it to something else. Then change it back and re-enter the route.

"I've had to descend 1000 feets below due to ATC.I enterred the corresponding level in the FMC, unfortunately,the FMC then engaged the descent mode, while I was not even atthe begining of the cruise." Hum can I ask you IF you reset the MCP altitude and then PERHAPS pushed the ALT INTV button? This is the only way a early descent can happen. One cannot lower their criuse altitude with ALT INTV, it will end up in a DES NOW situation. To change one's criuse level to a LOWER level reset MCP with criuse page showing then Line Select the scratchpad altitude into the criuse line and execu, you will now be in a CRZ DESCENT. You can raise your criuse altitude with ALT INTV though but one cannot raise this ABOVE MAX for your current flight ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | WD SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 |

Okay,very very interesting.Tim, I tried what you suggest in order to reset the FMC, no effect.It seems it is not possible.Randy,Thanks you very much for this important point I missed.I think I might have pushed that ALT INTV button somehow.I will follow carefully what you describe, since being able toproceed Cruise Descent is cruscial.I was just about to post about it, thinking it was not possibleto descend in VNAV mode.Thanks a lot guys.NB maybe it would be intersting to know if the FMC reset whileinflight is possible or not.Regards,Arnaud Solvay

Guest tmetzinger

>Okay,>>very very interesting.>>Tim, I tried what you suggest in order to reset the FMC, no>effect.>It seems it is not possible.>I agree, changing the destination does not erase the route, only the arrivals/approaches/runways (this is correct behavior). What CAN erase the route is picking a new waypoint, putting it in the Direct-to field (line one of LEGS page 1) - this creates a DISCO, and then deleting all the other waypoints below the DISCO. you can then create a new route, and put the first fix of the new route in the Direct-To Field.