Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

900 - No Bounce on Landing!

I'm not sure if something was changed in the temp patch, but I managed to land the 900 (my first flight with it) without a bounce or double roll sound! Pretty neat bird. Sure looks funny after flying the 600 and 700 for so long, lol. Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest Nickman

Usually you bounce if you are above vref + 5 kts crossing threshold or you don't flare enough. Landing is basically almost stalling the airplane if you think about itNick B.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Yeah I know, except I seem to have a harder time keeping the NG from bouncing (very little mind you) after the 800/900 add-on. I did, however, get the 900 to not bounce for some reason last night, yet my final was pretty sloppy. No biggie either way, just wondered if PMDG had fixed something in the patch.Chris

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Guest MeltedPixel

I usually drop the spoilers 50% on my flare to keep me from bouncing. Then I manually drop the rest touchdown. This seems to help me.

Landing a heavy jet is not like stalling it... Don't confuse small props with big iron.Landing _should_ occur at Vref (optimally), and should not be ballooned or stalled over the runway. From the normal 3 degree (assuming a 3 degree profile) glide, which gives around -650 FPM a flare of about 2 degrees will do it. The ROD will reduce to around -50-150 FPM. Then the nose of the a/c is just kept there, and it should not bounce.Landings with RODs of -200-300 FPM are not uncommon either, but could be considered as "heavy".Tero

PPL(A)

and should not be ballooned or stalled over the runway Yeah where were you on my last real NG flight from LAS? The pilot floated a bit then BAM lol! Damn SWA ;-) [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Heheh Randy, you know at least the 757 sim is really easy to float, and there's a fine line between making a nice (not too firm or soft) landing and a ballooned landing. I guess those pilots are humans too ;).Were you by any chance riding in the front ?Tero

PPL(A)

Nope by the right wing. It was the SWA 700 NG, really nice (and CLEAN, rare for SWA!) so I felt it pretty good. I was looking out the window and thought damn we are not coming down here. That was the only time I felt it float like that. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Rgr that Randy. Have you btw seen the clip of the 767 (TAP if I remember right) that ballooned in the landing and then when it touched down it floated on the wet runway (what's the word for that, hygrosomething?) and skid off the runway end ? Tero

PPL(A)

Was that the one in south America or Mexico where the guy was filming from his seat? [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpgAMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

I believe that's what Tero was referring to.Airline in question was Taca, I think.PS, it's called hydroplaning :-)Regards,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Yeah, Taca was the airline, not TAP. Mark, thanks for the word :).Tero

PPL(A)

No prob!I wonder what happened to the flight crew...?I guess something like this would result in immediate termination - at the least. Probably the PIC also lost his license...

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png