Sign in to follow this  
Guest KenG

New Flight One C-152 trainer...

Guest Twister

Hi,I just read in the "news" section that Flight One were about to release a C-152 package.According to their press release, the package will be amazingly realistic and will include lesson modules that will cover some of the FAA private pilot training syllabus.It sounds exciting and I'd love to get a preview of this product.Twister

Guest Stardog

ya thise seriously has my attention also.I cant wait to get a look at it!

Hey Stardog. I am also looking at the 152 trainer. Looks interesting. I am currently trying to learn, from scratch, SuperPak3. Nice package. Makes FS2002 look like childs play. I'm a Viper rookie now.Regards,

Guest Stardog

Ahhhhh a Viper driver :)Ya that ol F4 will run you through the ringer for sure!Mark(Frugal) tries his best to get me hooked on F4 and if I had more time i am sure I would be :)Its amazing what they have accomplished with SP3. Now that I have a Couger I hear F4 calling my name quite often :)

I love the C152, this one certainly has my money. Personally, I think it's the best Cessna.Scott

Guest Twister

Anybody knows where to get screenshots of the new C-152?Twister

I suppose if you go to their booth at Oshkosh they'd have some more details, but otherwise check the Flight1 site.Scott

The 152 is still in the development stages and not really ready for public display at this time. Oshkosh will be showing glimpses of the training module and the plane, but it wont be near finished at that point either. But what we show will be presentable enough to allow users to get the basic interactive feel of this package.It is important to understand that this package will certainly be of high quality and entertainment level for Flight Simulator, however,that is not its intended purpose. This package will be geared to help assist new aviators with their flight regime at home and it will contain some very unique modules for even the instructor and student and assist in all the areas of getting the pilot up to speed in understanding the systems, procedures and written test.We have much to do yet and much may change.Our goal is to help budding pilots get good sound cognitive style training which is proven in the airline industry to be one of the most effective methods of training. This will allow them to retain critical information longer and assist them in being better pilots.A very comprehensive package? yes. And because of this you can expect that it will not fit into the $20.00 gaming price schedule nor is it intended to. Hopefully, we will have something to show soon and thanks for your interest!Regards,Jim RhoadsFlight1

Guest A32X

Can we have an update on the DC-9. I know they aren't as profitable as GA aircraft in terms of hours spend in development but I think we all love flying heavy metal.Do you think the 152 or DC9 will be out next after the Cardinal? or even the meridian.Many Thanks,

The DC9 aircraft is essentially finished. The panel is still being worked on and we should have have screenshots pretty soon.The Cardinal is a Dream Fleet product. Flight One is solely the publisher not the developer although the custom tools included in the Cardinal like the Archer and 737 are developed by Tom Main of Flight One.The Meridian is in production. The level of detail that is required by the users these days take enourmous amount of man hours, so turn around on product isnt as quickly as it was even a year ago. I guess you can figure that when you see us start promoting at a higher level, you will know we are closer to the finish line.I think they will be worth the wait. :-) Regards,Jim RhoadsFlight1

Guest A32X

Thanks for the update Jim, it's great to hear the DC-9 is progressing nicely.

I've gotten to know 152's pretty well here in the high country of Colorado. I have been flying the Sparrowhawk version (125hp vs the stock 110hp of the 152) In the summers here at 6800 ft, the 125hp version holds up ok, climbing to pattern altitude comfortably with one on board. Bit more of a struggle with 2. The stock 152, (or 150 for that matter) with an OAT of around 85F or so, doesn't fare so well, anr pattern altitude is whatever altitude you can get to on downwind (density altitude being around 9000 ft. Put two people in them and you really start looking for thermals if you want to climb for a cross country.Most 150/152s out there are overpowered, though pretty accurate in handling (spritely). There are some really pretty visual models out there too. I found that by pulling the prop efficiency factor back some and other tweaks, I can fairly simulate the "less overpowered" nature of the little guy.A really fun plane to fly in though...this will be fun.DaveKCOS

Guest A32X

I know what you mean, you fly a PA-28 for a month then you get back into a C152 and it feels like a toy! (very spritely)

Think Carenado did a freeware C-150 some time ago that I thoughtwas great. What will this one have different? Im a fan of bothgroups and have no problem paying for quality.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Those C152s from Carenado are apparently repaints of the Avsim Award- winning C152 designed by Mauricio Illane and his excellent team. (You'll find it in the file library, comes with a panel and plane.) I always wondered if Carenado got the permissions, don't recollect seeing any credits given to the original authors (Unless they're actually part of Carenado now...)One thing I am hoping for is an accurate C150/152 airspeed indicator. The C150/152 Vmo and Vne speeds are slownr than the 172/182, which is the a/s indicators usually found in the current crop if 2 place Cessnas...Dave