Sign in to follow this  
Guest cmterenato

Landings...

Guest cmterenato

Hi!I live very next to the airport, so I stay for hour seeing aircrafts landing!So, I've been seeing that 737-700PMDG lands strange.It comes 2 or 3 degrees pitch up, but the real aircrafts approach 1 or 0 degrees! When I tochdown with 737-700, it touchs about 7 or 6 degrees, the real one land abou 3 or 4, the 737-800 lands very well, 3 degrees. So, 737 really makes an 2, 3 degrees approach or there's a problem on my lands? Ps.: I land with Vref+5 with 737-700.Thank you one more time!

Hi,Could possibly be due to different flap settings, load and load distribution and approach speeds...Cheers,

Guest niceguy2782

yes, check your load does not exceed or if itiss too near to the Max. landing weight.Also a 744F would be nosedown on ILS at times if it's quite empty with full flap settings .. until the flare ..

Guest cmterenato

Well, I use 30 flaps configuration, the normal procedures.How can I know if the CG is correct? It never exceeds the limit.I have to move the CG to foward or afterward to solve this problem?The fuel is 50% in all tanks.Thank you again

Hello, You need to sign your name to your posts as per the PMDG rules, thank you."It comes 2 or 3 degrees pitch up, but the real aircrafts approach 1 or 0 degrees" Sorry, I believe that your statement here is incorrect. Although I do not fly the real thing, such *flat* attitudes on approach are not a normal pitch angle. Sometimes wind can cause a flat attitude on approach but a few degrees is the norm prior to flare height which will raise your attitude a few degrees above your approach attitude. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest LLgaz

I am not saying that you're incorrect in your perceptions. But its amazing to me that you can tell the difference between 2deg and 3deg and 1deg looking at a real airplane landing with your naked eye from more than 50 feet away. (It has to be even more than that because with today's security that distance will still be too small). Pre Sept.11th, I used to live close to KMIA and I would ride my bicycle on evenings to the fence just beyond the threshold of Rwy9L (Now 8R I think) and I cannot tell you whether or not they landed at 3deg or 1deg.But what I do know is that they definitely had a nose up attitude which seemed to be more than 2deg. Seemed being the operating word here. Again, I'm not ripping you here, but I think its quite difficult to percieve angles when you're on the ground watching an aicraft approach from that much distance away. The most I can tell you is that I've seen some with nose down attitudes and some with nose up attitudes and some that appear to be level. What really does look beautiful though is a 747-400 (or any other airplane for that matter) crabbing at a crazy angle because of winds on final comming directly toward you. Pity I didn't have a decent camera back then........

Guest boxjockey99

Approaches on the 300 are flown at around 2.5 degrees nose up with 30 flap at Vref+5 and about 0-1 degree nose up with flap 40 Vref +5 also. To see the C of G you can go into the Aircraft menu (Alt then A) and select Fuel and load (or whatever it says), this gives you the option to change fuel load or payload and also arrnage the load wherever you need it, there is a little diagram on the dialogue box showing a crosshair type icon, this is the C of G. The idea is keep this in between the outer lines! Hope that helpsKris

Its not strange,A real 737-700 with 3.0 degree glide path and Vref + 5 will with a typical landing weight =For Flaps 30 = 3.7 degree airplane body attitudeFor Flaps 40 = 2.0 degree airplane body attitudeYou will notice the more flaps, the more the airplane body attitude is reduced. Add 2.0 to 5.0 degree's to the numbers above and you'll get the airplane body attitude at touchdown.By the way, flaps 40 is used on CATII/IIIA approaches to improve the runway sight picture during landing.The airplane body attitude at touchdown is affected by pilot technique. Holding the airplane off the runway (floating) will increase airplane body attitude at touchdown. Its possible to see 10.0 to 12.0 degree airplane body attitudes at touchdown but any more than that your risking a tail. Floyd

On your fuel configuration, 50% in all tanks I don't think is correct. First the wing tanks should be at 100% before there is fuel in the center wing. Next with 50% fuel in all tanks you would be very close to the max landing weight for the -700. Being that heavy you would have a higher pitch angle depending on flap settings and loads.CheersBob