Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nudger

ILS Frequencies

Guest Nudger

A little while ago I asked a question about getting ILS frequencies for strange airports from the FMC. The answer was that it is on the approach ref page. Well sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. The manual says this will displayed after an instrument approach is selected for the destination airport. How do I do this? Clearly selecting the runway is not enough.Many thanksRichard

Hello, What do you mean by "strange airports"? You mean little airfields? If an airfield does not have an ILS system then selecting one of it's runways will not give you data not availible. Maybe tell us what airfield you are talking about. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

Guest Buck Bolduc

>A little while ago I asked a question about getting ILS>frequencies for strange airports from the FMC. The answer was>that it is on the approach ref page. Well sometimes it is and>sometimes it isn't. The manual says this will displayed after>an instrument approach is selected for the destination>airport. How do I do this? Clearly selecting the runway is>not enough.>>Many thanks>>Richard Richard, a few questions?Are you sure you selected an ILS runway, an ordinary runway I dont think will work. On most approaches and particularly with respect to larger airports you may have noticed there are more than 1 page to look at.I personaly have never run into the problem you describe, not saying it cant happen!I have noticed that the runway frequency doesn't display right away, I forget exactly when but if memory serves you have to be a ways along the route.To select an approach you must press the Dep/Arr key on the FMC. You then will get a munu screen that shows Dep. on left side and Arr. on the right. However you must have entered your departure and destination Airports earlier. If your flying from KBOS to KORD you will see KORD-arr on the menu screen after pressing the Dep/Arr key on the FMC. I dont beleive you will see that if you havent entered the info earlier, along with your, climb, cruise alt, OAT, etc.ILS runways are listed like this:ILS06 -> ILS runwayILSII06 -> ILS CAT II runway.ILSIII35 -> ILS CAT III runway.Hope this helps.Regards

In addition to what have been said, also keep in mind that the APPROACH REF page will not display the dest info until established at crz level (IF you have entered the dest rwy, procedures etc before takeoff).Normally you will not enter the dest rwy and approach procedure before takeoff but when instructed by ATC in crz or desc(according to traffic, wind direction, etc).http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/85775.jpg

Guest gsisteve

how is your FMC display green?STEVE

I use the green FMC when flying with Hapaq lloyd airlines because there NG aircraft have green FMC, you can select it in the style menu by collor tab.

Steve, in the menu, select PMDG, 737NG, Styles, Colors, CDU. I use Sea green.Edit; Ramon, didn't see your reply before I sent mine

Guest gsisteve

any of em use cyan?STEVE

>Steve, in the menu, select PMDG, 737NG, Styles, Colors, CDU.>I use Sea green.>>Edit; Ramon, didn't see your reply before I sent mineHow more help how better steve will understand, isn't?? :(

NGs mostly use white. Some have green only because they have older model CDUs. Some even have one white and one green! But no cyan. There are some newer NGs with optinal colored CDU text like that matches the ND like magenta for active wpt etc...Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |

yes...Alaska Airlines utlizes the 'lite cyan' color on the 800 series.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K