Sign in to follow this  
Guest EIDUB

Setting MDA above 1000ft?

Hello,I tried to find an answer to my question using search and in the manuals to no avail. If making an approach to an airport utilizing a non precision approach or circle to land procedures and the MDA is above 1000ft, ex: 1040FT how do I set this on the Radio altimeter selector?I can set any DH or MDA from 0-1000ft using the Radio Altimeter minimums on the MCP but not above. Do I simply keep rotating the minimums around until it passes the 0 to equal 1000 and then rotate to the hundredth value? Any suggestions?Also what is the function of TR1, TR2 and TR3 on the DC control selector?Sorry not 737 typed yet! Thanks,Stephen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If your doing a non-precision approach or a circle to land you do not use a Radio Altimeter. Use the Barometric Altimeter and the BARO minimumus setting mode on the EFIS Control panel.Set your minimums to BARO and set 1040 feet. The only time you would want to use the radio altimeter settings is when a approach specificly calls for it's use.TR1,TR2 and TR3 are 3 transformer rectifier units. They convert 115 volt AC to 28 volt DC electrical power.Floyd

What more can I say???Floyd is totaly wright!!! :) ;)

"I can set any DH or MDA from 0-1000ft using the Radio Altimeter minimums on the MCP but not above."In the sim, mouseclick on the "MINS" lettering above the MINS RADIO/BARO knob to change from RADIO to BARO. This will allow greater values.... or at least it will in the PMDG -800/-900 series aircraft.Rgds.Ian.

Looks like guys are starting to realize it NOW ...It's really annoying when you have to set a MDA of 3590 ft, for example, like I had to yesterday.You have to keep it rotating, rotating and count how many times the bug passed through 0 and you don't have indication of how it's actually set. <- this really sucks!It would take like minutes to set a MDA in SBBR like this: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/596175/L/:(This has been discussed with randazo and Lefteris, he sent me a mail telling this is a Boeing option and MAY be included next patch.Here in Gol, we only use BARO as the SOP tells to and we have a digital reading below the altimeter with the MDA.Lets wait for some good news about this thread. It's really my GOAL to have this included next update!!!Thanks.