Sign in to follow this  
BeaconSlash

"Non Specific" Crossing Restrictions

Hi guys,Ok, so... I'm ok with programming your typical crossing restriction like "Cross LARKS at and maintain 17k and 250 knots."My questions is programming less location specific restrictions.IE:------------------DTW Palace 2 SID (and the others) all have departures cross "The DXO 10 DME Arc at or above 5000."or:Ohare's ORD1 has anyone assigned a 330 through 060 initial heading cross ORD 5 DME at or above 3k, 8 DME at or above 4k.Possibly even worse:ORD1 assigned 120-220 without DME cross the DPA 093 radial at or above 4k.------------------Anyway... is it actually possible to program the FMC to utilize these arcs or radials, as opposed to fixes, for crossing restrictions? I suppose this could equally apply to STARs on the descent.I appreciate it :)~Nate

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You could create a fix of say DXO240/10 shich would be a location at a bearing of 240 at 10 DME from DXO and then entering the restrictions. Other than that you would have to do it in the actual SID using Notepad and programing the sid yourself. The best way to do this would be to use LVL Change or V/S and adjust your rate of ascent or descent to put the green arc where it needs to be.

Yah, I understand the idea of making a artificial fix, but you wouldn't know necessarily that you'd actually cross that point in space. Surely ATC will give you a vector before, say, the 10 DME arc at DTW.Obviously yah, on the initial climbout, you can just set the manual climb rate and do it that way. In fact, most of these crossing restrictions are almost absurdly low, and the modern jets can easily make them, though the necessity to specify them is also obvious.It was more a question on whether automating the more generalized restriction was possible. Thanks! :)~Nate

* nevermind, misread the questionNick B.Continental Airlines Virtual 737NG Pilothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg--AMD Athlon XP 3200+ @ 2.2 Ghz (Equal to 2.8 ghz)400W Power supply3x 80 mm Case FansSoyo VIA KT600 Dragon PlusnVidia GeForce FX 5200 128 mb2 x 512 PC400100 GB Western DigitalMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision 2

Still curious about this... it would be cool to know. Any RL 737 pilots out there with experience?~Nate

Yes you can manually build arcs with this FMC and have restrictions (if within possible VNAV/LNAV operation capabilities). Whether arcs can be placed into procedures files and I am not sure. You can also program Place-Bearing/Distance, Place-Bearing/Place Bearing and should also be able to input Latitude and Longitude wpts. Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4][h3]P M D G's 747-400[/h3][h4]coming to a runway near you[/h4][/font color]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)AMD 64 3200+ | ASUS KV8 DELUXE | GFORCE 5700 ULTRA @535/1000 | Maxtor 6Y080M0 SATA 80 GIG | 512 DDR 400 | Windows Xp Pro | Windows Xp Pro 64 |