Sign in to follow this  
Datalink

The air stairs

Hi folksI've tried searching (maybe not hard enough) but I haven't come across an answer that solves the problem. Since the the recent updates, I can not get the stairs to work on my -600/700 models. I have key asignments within FS (for the concorde nose visor) but they don't wanna come out and there is no asignment within the PMDG menu to activate them.I assume this is a known problem, otherwise can someone talk me through getting them back.Cheers

Alaister Kay

Alaister,Are you sure the aircraft you have selected is equipped with stairs, not all of them are?If in the 'Variation' box it does not say "W/Stairs" then it does not have stairs. The ones I have with stairs work perfectly with SHIFT+F1, SHIFT+F2To make sure look at the 'aircraft.cfg' file of your selected aircraft and go to the section that relates to the livery. An easier way, look at the various PMDG entries in your aircraft folder and expand them. Only the model that has a folder 'model.as' has stairs.For it to have stairs 'model=' should be 'ASxx', only the -700 has stairs.HTHDave

I've been using the default PMDG livery and the Easyjet with stairs models, but no luck so far :-(

Alaister Kay

Guest venquessa

I tried assigning the keys CTRL+F9 F10 to the stairs and it didn't work, sorry I tell a lie, I could extend them, but not retract them. I then assigned them to CTRL+SHIFT+5/6 and they work fine now.FS2004 has some serious keyboard issues, I have seen many examples of it just ignoring input. Pushback SHIFT+P 1/2 to turn the tail left or right works about 50% of the time on the default aircraft. Engine and exit selects often don't work, and I lose the LEFT POV button on my stick almost every flight, to get it back I have to keep flicking views around and back, 2D VC, SPOT and so on, then wiggle the POV hat a lot. (This "could" be a hardware issue with the stick or the SB PCI-128 card I have)