Sign in to follow this  
kerke

Error Downloading Real-World Weather?

Has anybody seen this?http://209.42.34.250/avsim/weather_error.jpgI'm just curious because I've been getting that error message frequently lately, but it only has happened while flying the PMDG 737NG, never when I fly other aircraft. Anyway, I'm not claiming that the PMDG 737NG is causing that error, but the 6-8 times that message has popped-up, I have been flying the PMDG 737NG, and I've never seen it while I fly my other planes.My Internet connection is a DSL line and none of my server programs running on the same WinXP Pro SP2 machine (WinMX, IIS, FTP, etc) has complained about losing connectivity.BTW, the worst thing about that error is that when the message pops up, the whole sim stops working until you press the OK key. Last night I was having an excellent KFLL-KLAS flight on my favorite PMDG aircraft (the Continental 738) and when I came back to my computer 2 hours later, I saw the message on my screen. As it turned out, my flight had stopped near Sarasota FL waiting for me to press the OK key -- I should have been flying over Texas at that time :-madThank you in advance,Kerke

Hi Kerke, I have also had this error many times. In fact about 50% of the time when I try to load real world weather at the beginning, FS freezes completely meaning a frustrating re-boot. I have tried disabling firewall/anti-virus as well but still the same.Am going to purchase Active sky this month hopefully that won't be the same!!Best of luck.Ben

Guest JF737WN

I had that error pretty much everytime when using FS9 updated weather. Got activesky and then had no problem! :)

I experienced this for the first time today, Kerke, despite a good internet connection. I wasn't flying the NG, so I doubt very much that it is related.I tried it again later and it was fine.Perhaps Jeppesen is having problems with their computers... or the live weather feature is becoming so popular, the whole system just gets bogged down?Hope this helps.Cheers.Ian

Speaking about ActiveSky, have been thinking I might buy it since I heard lots of people say it's a great add-on but have a few questions.What in FS changes with AS - the clouds, the sky in itself or both? Two things I noticed that I don't like when using the default FS is that the clouds sometimes are very "edgy" near mountain tops when looking down and the other thing is that when flying at night, the sky never seems as black as it is IRL but have this strange kind of shimmering effect in strange coulours. Will Active Sky improve these two things and part from those, what more is improved when using AS?TIA,

Richard Åsberg