Sign in to follow this  
Guest darrenthe747

FSUIPC and FS 9.1 Patch question

Guest darrenthe747

Hello,I was looking through all the previous threads regarding the installation of the 9.1 patch and FSUIPC 3.411 (I am always reluctant to install new patches as the way I see it if it ain't broke, don't fix it). I have read, however, that FS 9.1 patch can significantly increase FPS, but there was so much grief by so many PMDG users that the FS 9.1 patch will have serious negative effects on the game, and FSUIPC 3.411 is bluntly just not compatible with PMDG. So should I install this stuff to my computer, or wait until another patch is released. Any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks.~Darren Nolan

Darren,As George I have the FS9.1 update and FSUIPC 3.411 and all works as expected. The grief is caused by misconfigured systems, wrong drivers and the likes.

Guest darrenthe747

OK, I will install this stuff when i get home and we'll see! Wish me luck....

Good luck! Fingers crossed!And one last thing. Read the instructions for the FS9 patch carefully and do as it says!!!Cheers,

I am using FS 9.1, FSUIPC 3.411, AdvDisp 2.13, and Windows XP Home SP2 and have had no problems whatsoever.Good luck.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

"And one last thing. Read the instructions for the FS9 patch carefully and do as it says!!!"Mats point can't be emphasize enough. If you want to ensure a trouble free upgrade READ ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS carefully.

Guest darrenthe747

Cool. Thanks guys. I installed everything and for the most part it all worked fine, except after in installed the FS 9.1 Patch, installed FSUIPC 3.411 and registered it, I went to install Active Camera 2.0 with the FS 9.1 compatibility upgrade and Active camera stopped working! I had AC 1.3 registered before and it worked fine, but after I installed the new version with upgrade the menu and everything appeared up top but after hours of messing around with it I couldn't get it to work! Even when I tried to re-register the AC it said it was registered... On a happier note, today I purchased my 800-900 upgrade and it works great (even after the upgrades). I love it so much I have been sleep-deprived at work because I can't pull myself away from my computer. Now all I need is active camera 2.0 to work.......~Darren Nolan

Guest Anticyclone

Darren,what you are describing with Active Camera happens if a no-cd exe for FS9.0 is installed.