Sign in to follow this  
Guest fleurenf

TCAS "Test" switch

Guest fleurenf

Hi guys,I followed the golden path and purchased the 800/900 addon.What can I say. EXCELLENT:-) It's even updated the 600/700.One question though if I may. Reading through the manual indicates that TCAS can be tested when you move the switch to test mode.I've tried moving the switch to the "test" position but it won't get that far. It will only go as far as the 'Stby'position.Any advise on this? I was in the 737-700 aircraft when attempting to check it.

Guest fleurenf

>Just a wild guess but do you check your FSUIPC version?I have the latest FSUIPC version unless when I installed the 800/900 it may have installed an earlier version.

You might want to be on the ground when testing TCAS... (just a wild guess ;-))

Also, the knob doesn't stay on test it simply clicks and goes right back to Stby. During this time the PFD/ND or EFIS/MAP will indicate TCAS visuals. It takes a couple seconds to cycle, then says TCAS TEST OK.

Lefteris is dead on here ;-). It can only be tested on the GROUND and the switch does spring back..Best Wishes,[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]http://www.rawbw.com/~bdoolin/shinault/southparkcartmad.gif[h3]PMDG 747![/h3]Caution! Not a real pilot, but do play one on TV ;-)ASUS KV8 DLX | AMD 3200 64 | 1 GIG PC 3200 DDR | GIGABYTE 5700 ULTRA | ViewSonic VP192b 19" |

Guest fleurenf

Thanks guys,You were right. :-roll One should be on the ground before testing.