Sign in to follow this  
Guest top_vapour

Annoying noise?!

Guest top_vapour

okay im back again ( badly ) ive just managed to install and use the 737 Ng software however when i try to fly the plane a beeping noise starts and i cant hear anything over it.. can it be turned off in any way or is interference?

I would love to help but you will have to be much more specific. There are dozens of sound effect files that cover multiple areas of the aircraft in each phase of flight.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Is it a bunch of short/long beeps like morse code that repeats every 30 (or whatever, dunno the interval) seconds?If so, that's what you hear when the NAV/ADF radio audio is turned on. There's no gauges on the 737NG panel to turn this on or off, so the next best thing would be to switch over to another aircraft whose panel has the right gauges (the FS default 737-400 is a good example). Switch over, open the radio panel popup, turn off everything at the bottom except COM1 and MKR (unless you don't want the Inner/Middle/Outer marker audio alerts, in which case turn MKR off as well), and switch back to the PMDG 737NG. Of course, this kind of beeping would happen in any aircraft if the audio is on and the radios are tuned to an active frequency in that area.The only other beeping on the 737NG panel that I've encountered is the warning for insufficient flaps with high throttle. (No, I didn't forget to set takeoff flaps, just used too much throttle to start moving on a sharp turn... :( )Hope this helps..Dave Coulteredit: Oh yeah, and the beeping on autopilot disconnect... :(

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Nameless->okay im back again ( badly ) ive just managed to install and>use the 737 Ng software however when i try to fly the plane a>beeping noise starts and i cant hear anything over it.. can it>be turned off in any way or is interference?Well............A couple of resources we need to point you to:1) Please read the forum posting guidelines at the top of this forum. Compliance with thse requirements is required. You must sign your name to all posts.2) The question you ask is answered in the FAQ provided for your use.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest cdavenport4

I have the same problem with the Takeoff warning system.If I load the plane without a flightplan on an active runway, set the flaps to 5, do not touch the trim and take the brakes off and then advance the throttle past 40%, I do not get the warning. Whenever I am taking off with a flight plan loaded in the FMC and MSFS, I get the warning no matter what I do. Besides the trim, the flaps and the parking brake, is there something else that needs to be accomplished before takeoff?On the same note, if you do not have the right flaps/trim/brakes for takeoff, will that show up as an annuciated warning in the "master caution" window.And while I am at it....Do the weather and traffic functions work in 737 NG 600/700 or does pushing these buttons just bring up the "scope" on the screen?Thanks in advanceChuck D

Weather is not modeled on either product. TCAS comes with the 800/900 and updates the 600/700.

Guest cdavenport4

"updates the 600/700"I am not sure I know what that means?

Forum rules, you need to sign your posts. It means if you purchase the 800/900 the 600/700 is updated with the features of the 800/900 including TCAS.