Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBond2

737-8/900 Long Haul Flights

Hello All -Pretty quick question. Are any of the 800/900 series used for "long hauls" (i.e. KLAX-PHNL)? If so, what air carriers are currently using this fleet for trans-pacific routes? I didn't know if this was againts the ETOPS certification for the aircraft.If i'm asking the question incorrectly lemme know! :-)Thanks!

Guest captbulldog 2

Alaska or Aloha flies the winglet 900 from ksfo to phnl. I tried to with the 800, and was in pattern with yellow fuel. No go arounds for me.

Guest JF737WN

Aloha does the 700 on the KSNA-PHNL flight though dont they? Since the 700's have a longer range than the 800/900

Guest Soulman

Also, if you're into North Atlantic routes and are familiar (or want to learn about) with the NAT tracks, PrivatAir (a Lufthansa subsidary I think) fly across the 'pond' with 737-BBJ's (700 series) and A320's. Not sure on their routes, but if you'd like more info - I'm sure I can dig it up.

Guest prichards

The longest 737-800 flight I know of is Air Pacific's Service.NFFN ( Nadi Fiji ) to PHNL ( Honolulu ) = 2760nmPHNL ( Honolulu ) to CYVR ( Vancouver ) = 2350nmhttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/659962/L/the following services are with Qantas, Virgin Blue and Pacific blue.YSSY ( Sydney ) to YPPH ( Perth ) = 1770nm YBBN ( Brisbane ) to YPPH ( Perth ) = 1950nmYMML ( Melbourne ) to YPDN ( Darwin ) = 1690nmhttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/739464/L/ And Continental also flys 737NG to Australia!a daily service from PGUM ( Guam ) to YBCS ( Cairns ) = 1825nm