Sign in to follow this  
bob34

Crashing FS while loading cockpit (2D) view.

New Problem - and oddly enough - I'm getting this after no changes to hardware/software/drivers.Picked any one of the 737NG (600/700/800/900 - VC / NO VC etc..) - I see the small window loading the airports and navdata - then it crashes as it's about to load the cockpit.I updated the nav data to Dec23rd version and I have the same issue. So my guess is that I have a corrupt gauge somewhere. I say this because I can load the aircraft if I start with an outside view.Setup:FS2004 / GeForce 6800 GT w/ Foreware 71.20 drivers / 1gb DDR / P4 3.0I'm running the 1.3 version and 1.1 versions respectivley.Any help would be appreciated. I'll try a re-install next unless we find a quick fix / solution.Thanks,BobKMEM

Guest stealth_duke

I am also experiencing the same problem (I haven't tested it with exterior view, though). I checked the error reporting log, it seemed to load everything up until PMDG_737NG_THR_Fire_Controls.GAU (the radios are the panel after that).- Ian

Bob,I had that same problem for a while until I rolled back to the 66.93 drivers I don't know for sure if that was the case as I also changed my AA/AF settings I am now running 66.93 and 8sAAx8AF with no problems.*Edit: I used a driver cleaner before I re-installed the 66.93 to make sure that everything was gone.

Excellent. Thanks so much. The GeForce 6800 GT has been underperforming for me since I got it - and I have no doubt it's driver / setting related.So just to confirm - you have 8sAA and 8xAF set on the Nvidia card.What about in Flight Sim?Do you have AA checked or unchecked (this is confusing).Also - Do you have bilinear or trilinear selected in FS?I noticed there's a setting on the card software as well for bilinear / trilinear.I will try the driver clean / rollback tonight.Gotta have my 737's back!Thanks again,BobKMEM

Hi Bob,Have struggled with a similar problem where loading the 2D panel craches FS9. In my case the culprit seemed to be a limitation in how many PMDG keyboard assignments you can have. After removing some assignments I never use anyway, the problem went away. Should mention though that I'm also using a CH yoke and pedals and I'm not sure whether this problem exists in a config without any CH products involved.About the graphics settings, I recommend you use the following settings:First of all, make sure you set your driver to handle all the graphics settings - don't use the "Application preference" setting.Then...have AA set in FS and use the Triliniar setting.Cheers and good luck solving your problem(s),

Richard:Thanks so much for the video settings. That's exactly what I have now and the frame rates and graphics look great. As soon as I land from my current flight (CYRB - KORD), I'll take a look at the keyboard mappings and see if I can get the 737 going.Thanks again.BobKMEM

Glad to hear that the video settings worked out so well Bob! Hope you'll manage to get your 737 going again as well.

As far as what I have mine at is: In Flightsim AA=OFF Trilinear set. In the Nvidia display panel 8sAA and 8AF I don't touch the Trilinear or bilinear in the Nvidia display settings. I would say the best way to figure out what is good for you is to just mix and match and see what is best.

I agree with Jeremy that the best thing to do is try different settings and see what works out best. But from my own experience, the graphics driver does a better job when it comes to the AA, Bilinear and Trilinear settings.All this has been discussed in a number of different threads before, here's one of them:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=ema...&topic_id=65553And you'll find more if you do a search for it here on the forum.Cheers,

Guest georg

Im also having the same issue! I was already thinking it was something with AIRAC database which was released a while ago. The strangest is that its like crashing only when loading the aircraft with FS time set to dusk. I will try to update ATI drivers, try to get some key commands off and I will also try loading a cessna first and then the PMDG.